cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bizygirl
Contributor
Message 1 of 47

HOW DO I GET BT TO REPAIR A FAULT ON MY PHONE LINE

I HAVE BEEN CONTINUALLY LIED TO MISLED AND NOW HAD THE ESTIMATE TIME FOR REPAIRING MY PHONE LINE CHANGED ARBITARILY!!!!!

I WAS ASKED TO WAIT IN ON THE 27TH MARCH FOR AN OUTREACH ENGINEER BUT NO ENGINEER ARRIVED I WAS NEVER ADVISED BY BT THIS HAD CHANGED

I WAS TOLD MY PHONE LINE BY 17.00 TODAY, 28TH MARCH THIS WAS REVISED AT 16.00 TODAY TO 18.00 BUT THIS STILL HAS NOT HAPPENED THEN AT 18.00 TODAY THE TIME TO REPAIR MY PHONE LINE WAS REVISED TO 29TH MARCH AT 18.00

I HAVE SPENT £20.00 ON MY HUSBAND'S MOBILE PHONE I HAVE NO PHONE LINE I HAVE NO ACCURATE INFORMATION AS TO WHEN MY PHONE LINE WILL BE REPAIRED.  THE BT FAULT TRACKER STILL STATES IT WILL BE BY 17.00 TODAY THE 28TH MARCH

A LADY CALLED TANYA FROM BT CANNOT GET ANY AND I MEAN ANY SPECIFIC INFORMATION AS TO THE STATUS OF MY PHONE LINE FAULT OR WHEN IT WILL BE REPAIRED.

ALL TANYA CAN SAY IS BT WILL ESCALATE THE FAULT WITH OUTREACH AT 18.00 ON THE 29TH MARCH, BUT CANNOT TELL ME WHAT THAT MEANS CANNOT TELL IF THIS MEANS OUTREACH WILL REPAIR THE FAULT ON MY PHONE LINE OR WHEN OUTREACH WILL REPAIR THE FAULT ON MY PHONE LINE

WILL SOMEONE ANYONE TELL ME HOW TO GET THE SERVICE I AM PAYING FOR AND I HAVE NOT HAD SINCE SATURDAY THE 24TH AT 13.00!!!! HOW DO I GET MY PHONE LINE REPAIRED!!!!!!!

0 Ratings
46 REPLIES 46
bizygirl
Contributor
Message 2 of 47

Re: Long delay in BT fixing phone line

PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU FIND OUT SEE MY EXPERIENCE AND THIS IS ONLY HALF OF IT!!!

I HAVE BEEN CONTINUALLY LIED TO MISLED AND NOW HAD THE ESTIMATE TIME FOR REPAIRING MY PHONE LINE CHANGED ARBITARILY!!!!!

I WAS ASKED TO WAIT IN ON THE 27TH MARCH FOR AN OUTREACH ENGINEER BUT NO ENGINEER ARRIVED I WAS NEVER ADVISED BY BT THIS HAD CHANGED

I WAS TOLD MY PHONE LINE BY 17.00 TODAY, 28TH MARCH THIS WAS REVISED AT 16.00 TODAY TO 18.00 BUT THIS STILL HAS NOT HAPPENED THEN AT 18.00 TODAY THE TIME TO REPAIR MY PHONE LINE WAS REVISED TO 29TH MARCH AT 18.00

I HAVE SPENT £20.00 ON MY HUSBAND'S MOBILE PHONE I HAVE NO PHONE LINE I HAVE NO ACCURATE INFORMATION AS TO WHEN MY PHONE LINE WILL BE REPAIRED.  THE BT FAULT TRACKER STILL STATES IT WILL BE BY 17.00 TODAY THE 28TH MARCH

A LADY CALLED TANYA FROM BT CANNOT GET ANY AND I MEAN ANY SPECIFIC INFORMATION AS TO THE STATUS OF MY PHONE LINE FAULT OR WHEN IT WILL BE REPAIRED.

ALL TANYA CAN SAY IS BT WILL ESCALATE THE FAULT WITH OUTREACH AT 18.00 ON THE 29TH MARCH, BUT CANNOT TELL ME WHAT THAT MEANS CANNOT TELL IF THIS MEANS OUTREACH WILL REPAIR THE FAULT ON MY PHONE LINE OR WHEN OUTREACH WILL REPAIR THE FAULT ON MY PHONE LINE

WILL SOMEONE ANYONE TELL ME HOW TO GET THE SERVICE I AM PAYING FOR AND I HAVE NOT HAD SINCE SATURDAY THE 24TH AT 13.00!!!! HOW DO I GET MY PHONE LINE REPAIRED!!!!!!!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 47

Re: HOW DO I GET BT TO REPAIR A FAULT ON MY PHONE LINE

If you would like to contact one of the UK based BT Care Team who moderate this forum, they should be able to help you.

They can be contacted using this link BT Care Team

They normally respond by phone or e-mail, within three working days, however you should get an immediate confirmation, with a tracking number.

0 Ratings
bizygirl
Contributor
Message 4 of 47

Re: Long delay in BT fixing phone line - new

I TOO WOULD LOVE TO GET MY PHONE LINE REPAIRED AS MY DAUGHTER RETURNS FROM HOLIDAY ON FRIDAY 30TH AND I WANT TO BE ABLE TO TALK TO HER!!  SHE JUST WILL NOT BELIEVE WHAT PASSED FOR CUSTOMER SERVICE IN THIS COUNTRY BY A MAJOR COMPANY READ THE FOLLOWING TO SEE WHAT I MEAN!!!

0 Ratings
bizygirl
Contributor
Message 5 of 47

THANK YOU FOR THE INFO BUT THREE WORKING DAYS FROM WHEN?  I REPORTED THE FAULT ON MY LINE ON SATURDAY 24TH AT 13.00 AND WAS TOLD REPAIR WAS WITHIN THREE WORKING DAYS AND THAT WOULD BE 28TH MARCH AT 17.00 THIS HAS BEEN REVISED TODAY TO 28TH MARCH AT 18.00 AND NOW 29TH MARCH AT 18.00!!  BT JUST CONTINUALLY MOVE THE GOAL POSTS AND AS  HONEST PAYING CUSTOMERS BT THINK THIS IS ACCEPTABLE.  IT IS NOT I AM GOING TO WRITE TO OFCOM TO REQUEST THEY UNDERTAKE A PROPER REVIEW OF HOW BT DEAL WITH ALL COMPLAINTS AND WHETHER THEY COMPLY WITH THE OFCOM REQUIREMENTS AND THERE OWN WEBSITE MY EXPERIENCE IS BT DO NOT.  HOPEFULLY IF OFCOM UNDERTAKE A REVIEW SIMILAR TO THE ONE THAT CAUSED A MULTI MILLION POUND FINE TO BRITISH GAS AND THEIR TREATMENT OF THEIR CUSTOMERS BT WILL NO DOUBT THEN CONSIDER THAT PERHAPS CUSTOMERS SHOULD BE TREATED APPROPRIATELY

BIZY GIRL

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 47

I appreciate you are having problems and keith has given the mod contact which should help you

however this is a community forum where customers help customers and typing your post in block capitals is considered shouting and rude to other forum members

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
bizygirl
Contributor
Message 7 of 47

Thank you for the tip I am new to this and as you can tell extremely frustrated but not deliberately rude!!

Bizy Girl

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 47

You can be sure of effective attention from the Care Team, but please turn off your Caps Lock when you write to them. Typing in capitals is unnecessary and rude, and may deter others from responding to you.

[Edit: Oops! I don't type in capitals, but I obviously type too slowly.]

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 47

You can claim compensation here http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9394/~/customer-service-guarantee

I expect that Openreach, who actually supply and maintain your line, have come across a problem which it taking longer than normal to repair.

The BT Care team can find out more information, if the problem does not get resolved.

0 Ratings
bizygirl
Contributor
Message 10 of 47

Hi if it is the case that Outreach have found a problem which is proving too difficult to resolve today then then are not communicating that to BT who since 17.00 today have phoned Outreach twice and then cannot or will not tell BT any information regarding the status of the fault on my phone line!!  This is the information given to me by Tanya from BT.

0 Ratings