cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
simmfury
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

HTC Hero

My contract is finishing soon, so is it still worth getting the Hero? or will there be something else soon?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: HTC Hero

If you have the HTC S620 I would carry on with it if it is still working, unless you want to spend more money and want a touch screen phone.

You will not get a £5 a month contract anywhere else.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

I suggest you do your sums.  Firstly, if you have Anywhere you must be on option 3.  If there are other internet service providers in your area, BT will want to keep you as a customer.  If they are the sole provider, you are in a sellers market, and not a buyers.

In my case there are; I like BT BB.  My option 3 BB is just over £15pcm on a 12 month contract.  Now do the maths.  Work our how much the Hero would actually cost you with option 3 BB.  Then see what other operators and handset deals there are, bearing in mind the Hero (and Touch 2) have seen other handsets come out after them, and you will have the Hero for another 18 months.  Both Hero and T2 come only with manufacturers o/s; there is no BT software on them, and in spite of what we were told last year, there is no BT VOIP app coming out to download onto them (although there is a workaround for the Hero).

Is it worth it? Only you can answer that when you have done the maths.  Anything else soon - there has been the odd rumour, and I cant even remember what it was (could have been the Wildfire).

I'd have a good look round at other mobile networks/providers, and then answer your question in the light of all that.

BTW, I did the above exercise, and have a HTC HD2 with another operator, and remain on BTBB option 3, and I'm £'s in pocket Smiley Wink

The newer handsets are 3G and are faaaast.  It depends what you actually want from the device.

AQ.
"Welcome to Royston Vasey - You'll never leave."

0 Ratings
Raid1968
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 5

HTC are launching the Desire HD which looks awsome, meant to be twice as fast as the Desire which I consider and excellent handset.

Raid

0 Ratings
simmfury
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Spoke to BT, option 3 for £12.99 and I think I will be of to Three for a Desire for £25 a month. The HD looks good but can not justify the extra sadly.

0 Ratings