cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Montgomery
Beginner
Message 1 of 11

HTC S620 problems

I've had one of these phones since the basic 'free' offer in 2008(?). I only use the phone for texts/phone (not internet) and only have the basic 50 texts/minutes package (which I never fully use!!) Recently it has started playing up - not charging properly/having to keep doing 'setup'/phone suddenly dying etc etc. As I know little or nothing about these I'd be grateful if someone could answer some of the following:

1. I've got a new charger but that doesn't seem to make much difference

2. Would a new battery work (assuming I can get a new battery for a phone which is presumably now nearly obsolete)

3. I'm not prepared to spend £200 to get a new HTC phone from BT, so can I get a replacement (presumably 'unlocked'(?) pay-as-you-go phone and put my BT sim card in. I wouldn't want a 'smartphone'(?) as I don't use the internet with the phone

Apologies for the basic questions, and any help/advice would be very gratefully received

David

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 11

Re: HTC S620 problems

I still have one of those. Mine came with two batteries, however the life of these batteries is only about two years.

It does sound like a battery problem, so it may be worth changing it.

There is quite a bit of useful info here http://www.neilmorgan.co.uk/btbbanywhere/

Look at the info nearest the bottom of the page.

Keith

Message 3 of 11

Further to what Keith has said above; to be honest, if you do not use the phone for internet, e-mail or the VOIP facility, you can buy any un-locked to network phone from a supermarket etc and you will still have your basic call/text bundle from BT for £5 a month [while it lasts Smiley Wink]

Whilst the 620 is an old phone now, is still has the functionality of sync'ing  your contacts, photo's and other files with your PC besides the internet/e-mail/VOIP which you dont use.

So if you want a phone to just make calls and texts, you can stay with the 620 and have the above functionality, with a battery costing about £15.00; or you can migrate your SIM card to an un-locked to network cheap talk and text phone.

AQ.
"Welcome to Royston Vasey - You'll never leave."

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 11

Hi

A lot of the latest problems on the 620 can be solved by updating the software on it.

Check out here details

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
Montgomery
Beginner
Message 5 of 11

Many thanks for the replies - I've ordered a new battery to try and will take it from there.

0 Ratings
Colin-Bain
Beginner
Message 6 of 11

HELP I NEED YOUR HELP as BT HAVE BEEN NO HELP AT ALL !!!

I also have had the HTC S620 handset for some years now.    Although slow I have used all its functions.   However within the last month the opening screen has been changed and I now cannot access my own wiifi and get contant error messages saying that I need to delete past information.  I have deleted all that I can to no evail.  I have contacted the BT helpline getting nowhere and was told one of many operators to delete past emails on my main computer.   This I have done leaving only current iin box items but to no avail whatsoever. 

The new screen is totaly different from the old one and there is no facility to search fopr wifi sites.

HELP !!!

CAN ANYONE HELP? 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

It's an old handset now. I was one of the first to get one myself!

What used to work was a factory reset. Following the instructions in the handbook and not forgetting to turn Data on before you do that would have sorted it before. Lets know how you get on or any other problems 😉
AQ.
"Welcome to Royston Vasey - You'll never leave."

0 Ratings
Colin-Bain
Beginner
Message 8 of 11

Factory reset? nothing in my handbook on this.  I have taken the Sim card and battery out and restarted but it seems the SIM card has been changed.  There is therefore no change to the situation.  It would be helpful to know that the phone is now of no iuse (other than phoning).  I can then look at other options.  But it happens to suit me as it was.  Beside BT charges me for services which I cannot now get.   Bt should declare this handset out of date.  

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 11

This page should help.

http://www.neilmorgan.co.uk/btbbanywhere/reset.htm

All his pages are here

Neil Morgan`s HTC S620 and S710 pages

I still use BB Anywhere, but on a HTC Desire, as the 50 mins 50 texts suits me fine, plus the 500mb data allowance,

Colin-Bain
Beginner
Message 10 of 11

I have followed the re set proceedure (both of them) and Iget the same screen and problem as before.

THis iss MUST apply to all users of this old phone as it happened only after BT changed the screen.  It may have happened by default but BT should recognise it.

0 Ratings