cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Buchanbear
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

HTC Touch 2 voice tags

Can anyone tell me how to get voice tags on the HTC Touch 2 ?  I have a good Parrot in car kit which recognises voice activation. It only recognises it if you have a voice tag attached to a contact on your phone. After speaking to technical support (BT) they could not come up with a solution. Hopefully some of you experts out there can help me out. Thanx.Smiley Sad

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
AlunH
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: HTC Touch 2 voice tags

Hi Buchanbear (you don't live in the NE of Scotland and work offshore by any chance?)

WM6.5 doesn't come with voicetags/voice dialling as there are some issues with it.  The clever folks over at XDADevelopers have tried a few things, and for me it's now working, although there are reported probelms with some in car systems, but it works with my Plantronics headset, and my Fiat 500 Blue&Me system.  Worth a try...

This link will take you to page 3 of a long thread discussing this issue, at the top of page 3 is the cab that I'm using, you'll need to register with the site (it's free, and worth doing as there is a lot of useful stuff there) to be able to download.

If you need any help setting it up, it should be in that thread, but if not, just drop back here and I'll see what I can do.

Cheers
Alun

"Can a leopard change it's shorts?" - T Prattchet
0 Ratings
Buchanbear
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Cheers AlunH. I do live in NE Scotland but dont work offshore. I'll have a look at that link later today. Thanks for your help.
0 Ratings
AlunH
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 4

Ah... just putting the two bit's of your name together... I'm just north of Aberdeen Smiley Happy

"Can a leopard change it's shorts?" - T Prattchet
0 Ratings