cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 10

HTC Windows Phone - Connection Unsuccessful??

Hi All, not exactly sure when this started but could have only been a few days ago. Just noticed that my HTC Windows 7 phone isn't connection to my Home Hub 2. After saying connecting the following appears "your phone couldn't connect to the wi-fi network [home hub name] because there was no response from the network. Please try later.

Same phone connects to BTWi-Fi with Fon which is on the same router. Two iPad's and one laptop still connect ok via Wi-Fi. Nothing has changed on the phone but due to building work I have had to plug the router into a different that it shares with a phone through a filter. I can't go back to the original socket because its been disconnected.

Any ideas anyone please?

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: HTC Windows Phone - Connection Unsuccessful??

Try a factory reset of the homehub by pressing a pin into the recess button on the rear for about 20 seconds.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 10

Thanks. Before I do that what prep do I need to do, thinking defaukt passwords, any settings etc? I've had this hub for years and haven't a clue where the original docs are.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 10

The default wireless passkey and admin password is on the label on the hub.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/11383/~/where-do-i-find-the-default-admin-password-fo...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 10

Getting a bit of hassle given that every orher device is working fine!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 10

It's up to you but a factory reset gives you a clean sheet to start from and can sort out any configuration problems with the Homehub. In my opinion if you don't do it you are probably wasting your time trying to fix your problem.

Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 10

Ok, thanks. I appreciate your point. My phone has a pretty good data connection so will avoid the reset for now I think.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 10

As long as you have not changed the SSid, wireless passkey anything else on the Homehub your other devices should all reconnect without problem after a factory rest.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 10

Trouble is have changed wireless key!

It was one of the things I did a couple of years ago my usage went through the roof and I got a bit paranoid!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 10

Once you have done the reset, go into the management pages on the hub and change it back to what you changed it to and the devices will not even notice.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/14110/~/how-do-i-change-the-wep-key-for-a-wireless-co...

0 Ratings