cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 6

HUB 2 or HUB 3 or EBAY a Business Hub

It is a question I have played with before... but I have issues with the home hub 3... if streaming or using the Internet for a while requiring complete continuity the wifi will drop out (only briefly before reconnecting) however this is enough to baffle most streaming programs and pause video or music apps.

I use I home hub 3..I have a home hub 2 under a bed somewhere.... Would people swap back or would you get a bt business hub?

Any thoughts would be appreciated..

Andy

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: HUB 2 or HUB 3 or EBAY a Business Hub

if the hubs were consistent in that all 3's are the same and all 2's then not much in it but they are not all the same so really just finding one that works with your connection.  many prefer the business hub and particularly if you have a long line - high attenuation - as that seems to hold cennection better.  I use a netgear and find that works well for me

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 6

Business Hub every time. They are ace at holding on to a noisy or long line.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

Yes the business hub is certainly one of the best
0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 6

jolly, why is there variation within the same hub subcatagory?

which netgear hub do you use?

which BT business hub do john and jj graphics use?

BW

Andy

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

the variation is because they are not top of the range routers but 'free' when you sign up to BT broadband and also the variations of each person's line

I currently use dg834pn as that allows me to tweak noise margin with custom firmware.

the business hub will be 2wire - 2700/2701 hgv

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings