cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 11

Halo 4 Packet Loss

Anyone having trouble with Halo 4? Most of the time it's fine but I do get occasions where people disappear and move about like packets are being lost rather than lag. When I ask my friends who aren't on Infinity they say its fine. Not sure if I must be host or what when this happens, my Xbox is wired straight into the Asus N66U Dark Knight. 

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 2 of 11

Re: Halo 4 Packet Loss

Ah finally a Halo 4 post...

After playing Halo 4 non stop since Wednesday I can tell you that there has to be something wrong with the INfinity connection because my friend that lives just a stones throw away on ADSL2 has no issues like I do at all

I was unable to connect to the servers or even play with friends and play with them for a while then when it all sorted itself out I lag out and get rather annoyed.

Whenever I host a game I'd expect it to be fine without having all my friends lagging out of my game but that seems to be happening now.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 3 of 11

No problems here buddy. Halo 4 is great, the only problem I am having is getting into a deathmatch, one for all, and all for one. It seems to put me in a team deathmatch all the time on Infinity Slayer, unless of course I am just stupid and there is not a deathmatch at all in Halo 4 and only team deathmatch?. Anyone know?. The only option seems to me with Halo 4 is regicide that is similar to deathmacth but not.

Please click on white star to the left and say thanks if I have helped you at all!. 🙂 Thank you. Some handy links Copy & Paste:-
http://bthomehub.home/
http://netalyzr.icsi.berkeley.edu/index.html
http://diagnostics.bt.com/login/?workflow=Speed
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 4 of 11

Halo 4 is a good game but since I've had BT Infinity it's became very not gamer friendly I've had a full line from the pole replacement HH3 replacement nil affect working with the Twitter team to see if there is some magical fix to go about this because the way this going it doesn't look good.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 11

I don't seem to have a problem when I am connected to someone else but when I am the host there seems to be some packet loss of enough traffic shaping going off to make it a little flaky. It hard to take the game seriously which we do however when its costing me kills when I am trying to shoot someone that is teleporting all around on the map. When this happens the game shows no bad pings. I would love to know exactly how this sort of traffic is handled. I really do wish P2P downloading would just disappear from the face of the earth and not be a problem.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 6 of 11

@reece71079 wrote:

No problems here buddy. Halo 4 is great, the only problem I am having is getting into a deathmatch, one for all, and all for one. It seems to put me in a team deathmatch all the time on Infinity Slayer, unless of course I am just stupid and there is not a deathmatch at all in Halo 4 and only team deathmatch?. Anyone know?. The only option seems to me with Halo 4 is regicide that is similar to deathmacth but not.

Regicide is Halo 4's deathmatch/free for all the only difference being you can see the points leader.

As for my infinity it's just horrible for gaming at the moment, i am so far behind the action on Halo 4 it's a struggle at times just to kill anyone.... Ea servers on battlefield 3 lets me play one day then can't stay in game the next. Browsing websites including this one takes ages to load with having to press refresh all the time.

It needs sorting for the amount i pay compared to my adsl2 i use to have which works better then this infinity!!!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 11

I am really starting to regret my decision to buy BT Infinity as for gaming it is just not cutting the mustard for me, yet again another Saturday night was ruined by packet loss when playing online. Something which doesn't affect my ADSL counterparts when playing online. Gaming is a big part of my life its all well and good having speed but for whatever reason gaming on the xbox just doesn't play nice. Fair enough if I was the only person complaining but there seems to be plenty of posts about this problem yet nothing seems to be done.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 8 of 11

I've got to agree with you Stuartd.

I've no idea what BT is doing that is causing these issues but I've stopped playing Halo 4 completely cause I'd like to be able to play the game with enjoyment not with a high amount of packet loss and lag caused by the Infinity network.

Many of my friends have cancelled their Infinity install to stick with their ADSL service for gaming.

Xbox live is having alot of noticeable issues like taking forever load the Dashboard cutting out and plain disconnecting me altogether I'm sure someone will say it's not BT's fault its my equipment but right now I'm having more issues with Infinity than I did my "up to 8Mbps" ADSL service.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 9 of 11

Thanks @Ravenholm, I thought it just was not me. I did think there was a problem with my game or something. Regicide is good though, I like the points game. great game Halo 4 I luv it.

I just wanted to say also I have no problems online with Halo 4 it works and looks great online. Its just my online gaming is very poor, apart from that its superb, Infinity for online is much better than my previous ADSL connection. I hope your using your 360 with ethernet???. Wireless is not good at all. You lose downstream rates with ethernet connection to your 360, so I would hate to see how much you lose via wireless connection. Trust me m8, ethernet only to consoles forget wireless its no good and extremelly poor.!.

Please click on white star to the left and say thanks if I have helped you at all!. 🙂 Thank you. Some handy links Copy & Paste:-
http://bthomehub.home/
http://netalyzr.icsi.berkeley.edu/index.html
http://diagnostics.bt.com/login/?workflow=Speed
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 10 of 11

I use Ethernet Cat6 for all my devices.

I'm a I.T Tech and I know from experience that wireless isn't reilable to mention for gaming but for basic web browing that most people do wireless is fine.

0 Ratings