Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OldGreyHair
Contributor
Message 11 of 103

Re: Hanging Up Phone Reboots Router.

Hello pippincp

Once again thank you for your advice hope I am not wasting Mod's valube time.

Some screen shot if they are any helpSpeed TestBroadband BT 

Am I getting too old for this???
0 Ratings
OldGreyHair
Contributor
Message 12 of 103

Hello All.

Forgot to mention brand new RJ 11 Router to socket cable also in place.

Thanks All

0 Ratings
pippincp
Sage
Message 13 of 103

Don't worry you are not wasting thier time.

You have a problem and despite your best efforts it hasn't been resolved.

If by any chance it gets resolved before they get back to you then just post here to let them know.

If not just sit back and wait for them to contact you.

0 Ratings
grahambenidorm
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 103

Hello fellow oldie.

I have also had a nightmare experience with BT. The customer service and fault fixing is simply not fit for purpose. Check out my post on otInfinity 1 to Infinity 2 issues.

Part of my experience involved exactly what you have had when picking up the phone. 

It is a common problem according to the engineer that I had visit me. Basically when you pick up the phone it sends a surge of current down the line (very small) which in turn creates a noise on the line situation which is enough to screw up your hub connect and disconnects you for a short time. 

Bad news is there is now easy cure given the complex and in many cases the dated infrastructure (copper wiring) that Infinity has to use.

Just keep hassling them ask for your complaint to be escalated and given a case handler, then at least you will have a direct line of contact with a human.

Good luck

0 Ratings
pippincp
Sage
Message 15 of 103

@grahambenidormThe OP has contacted the mods, one of them will be dealing with him until the issue is resolved. There is no need for him to make any more calls to the helpdesk.

0 Ratings
OldGreyHair
Contributor
Message 16 of 103

Hello grahambenidorm

Very worrying state of affairs I hope that a resolution is swiftly administered to your account.

It seems the Smart Hub is not as Smart as they think it is!

I have a limited knowledge of fault finding but I have isolated as much as I can with just the phone and Smart Hub connected to the test socket via a brand new plug in filter and brand new RJ 11 connection cable. I have even run the setup for most of today without the phone plugged in just the Smart Hub plugged into the filter which made no difference. My inclination is to a fault being with the Smart Hub, although it is wisperd by some engineers that the cabling in my area is poor.

I did get a call regarding my complaint which I missed but the voice on the answer machine reassuringly told me they would ring back later, yes your right BT again did not keep to their word they did not call back. BT's integrity is being shredded by the hour.

Hello pippincp

Once again thank you for your insight, I know that the vast majority of the members and all the mods do their utmost to provide the best of help they can which is much appreciated it is a pity BT and Openreach cannot follow their example.

0 Ratings
pippincp
Sage
Message 17 of 103

The mods are BT employees.

0 Ratings
OldGreyHair
Contributor
Message 18 of 103

Screen Shot 09-12-17 at 12.00 PM.PNGHello pippincp

Thank you for letting me know.

Hi All

Partial resoluton the speed has come up again 24m through put, Downstream sync speed: 27.40 Mbps

Upstream sync speed: 7.20 Mbps still not back to previous levels but I presume there will be another 10 day settling in period.

Just need to sort out the outstanding complaint.

0 Ratings
pippincp
Sage
Message 19 of 103

The mods are best placed to handle that for you. Wait for them to contact you.
0 Ratings
OldGreyHair
Contributor
Message 20 of 103

Hello pippincp

Thank you

Hello All

Noticed that the firmware update date has changed from 29/08/2017 to today's date 17/09/2017but the version number remains at SG4B1000B316 so has the first update become corruptedin some way not so Smart hub.

0 Ratings