Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OldGreyHair
Contributor
Message 21 of 103

Re: Hanging Up Phone Reboots Router.

Hello All

Random dropped connection again this afternoon 16:16.

My BT advises me that I can upgrade to infinity Broadband up to 56Mbps even after a line check I thought I was on already on Broadband up to 56Mbps I do realise I would not get the maximum speed but has gone seriously downhill  over the past week .

The Fault Tracking Page does not work it refuses to advance further than confirm reason why you think the fault is not fixed (Even before the mod here offered their help) notified BT the problem in two hours of live chats but no fix for the web pages, or perhaps you are only permitted to click the fixed button if so the pages are of little use.

BT phoned (checked 0800 number on internet) today at 14:04 but again failed to leave a message on answer machine Communications Company not good at communicating.

BT wholesale diagnostics informs me that the download speed is in the acceptable range of speed of 17.76 Mbps-25.37 Mbps and the IP profile for the line is 25.37  resulting speed was 24.29 Mbps. The upstream rate IP profile for the line is 10 Mbps resulting in a Upload speed of 6.24 Mbps.  The router stats show that the maximum data of 8794/40545 which is closer to the performance up until last week.

Hopefully this will eventually be resolved in time.

Screen Shot 09-18-17 at 03.58 PM.jpgScreen Shot 09-18-17 at 03.56 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 09-18-17 at 04.02 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 09-18-17 at 03.59 PM.jpgThanks All

Am I getting too old for this???
0 Ratings
pippincp
Sage
Message 22 of 103

I know it's frustrating but just bear with it until a mod contacts you.

Nothing wrong with posting updates in the meantime though.

0 Ratings
OldGreyHair
Contributor
Message 23 of 103

Hello All

Another random droped connection today 13:16 19/09/2017.

Not looking so good judging by richard1athome.

Thanks All

0 Ratings
grahambenidorm
Aspiring Contributor
Message 24 of 103

You have more patience than me, respect to you for that.

I escalated my issue to Executive Complaints in Newcastle and was sorted within 24 hours.

I am a great believer in people power and whilst I have no doubts that the mods are very good they are simply overwhelmed added to which the more complaints Executive Complaints get then there is more of a chance that something will get done further down the line.

Lets not forget that BT are just another Sky, Talk Talk, EE, Vodofone, Plusnet etc these days.

Wish you all the best with sorting your issue.

0 Ratings
OldGreyHair
Contributor
Message 25 of 103

Hello @grahambenidorm

I willl give the Mods a little longer.

I have 2 complaints logged with the overseas department not had phone calls from BT but the communications company could not be bothered to leave a message on the answer machine if I do not hear anything after weeks about the complaint logged overseas I will just go to the Ombudsman. Looking at other post here it seem BT weave an intricate web.

That is good to hear that BT have provided a resolution, it is a real pity that you had to resort to the Executive Complaints to get the resolution though.  I will use your advice before much longer with regard to this fault though.

BT's communication for a company that is in that business is not very good especially from overseas.

Regard

OldGreyHair

0 Ratings
OldGreyHair
Contributor
Message 26 of 103

Hello All

BT have not bothered with a response to VOL051-********** 13/09/2017 other than the engineer not keeping the appointment waste of a day.

BT have made no response to VOL013-**********  15/09/2017  not even the request for an email.

The Mods are far to busy to respond to  *****-*****.

The speeds are still below those before the fault and having no response the connection is still via the test socket and plug-in filter, so the mystery remains,  must have been BT slowing things down to suit themselves had no other explanation. It would seem BT customer care rating has not improved since the poll last year.

Will just wait 8 weeks now, will soon pass at my age.

Thanks All

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 27 of 103

The mod team are taking 3/5 working days to reply personally by email or Phone once you send in their contact us form
0 Ratings
OldGreyHair
Contributor
Message 28 of 103

Hello john46

Apologies once again To the Mods

It is very obvious to me that I am Too Old For This Please delete my Community account.

The email did mention 24 hours.

12 Mouths will  soon pass.

Farewell All

0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 29 of 103

Hi @OldGreyHair,

Thanks for posting. I'm really sorry for thye delay in getting back to you. We're very busy at present so it's taking longer than expected to reply but we will get to you in turn.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
OldGreyHair
Contributor
Message 30 of 103

Here We Go Again.

Use The Phone hang the phone up which coases the smart hub loses connection to the Internet and starts flashing orange, the works its way to a blue light.

Destroys broadband speed.

Have tried three different corded phones same result with each phone.

Right rig-ma-roll last time. Wrong engineer, Engineer did not turn up on time.

Outcome it was an exchange fault anyway.

0 Ratings