Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 31 of 103

Re: Hanging Up Phone Reboots Router.

If you use a filter did you try replacing it?

if you try test socket with a new filter does using the phone drop your connection?  If so looks like get mods involved again and presumably an engineer visit

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
OldGreyHair
Contributor
Message 32 of 103

Thank You @imjolly for your query.

The Master Socket is the Mk3 type with separate sockets for Broadband and Phone, so it does not require a filter.

Even when connected to the test socket behind the front plate the same behaviour occurs.

Along with some white noise on the line.

I have done all the checks I can think of different pones etc same with all.

Jumped through all the hopes time and time again last time the hole thing went on for too long supervise supposed to email me they never did, total mess.

The mods had to get involved to sort the whole thing out, which they did very easily by checking out the Exchange.  

The same symptoms as were apparent back in September 2017 which was a Exchange Fault.

Once again thank you for your interest. 

Am I getting too old for this???
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 33 of 103

I have asked mods to help again to save all the hassle with customer service causing frustration and high BP

'am I getting too old for this'. I don't know are you?  Old is relative and there are many people on here who will help you who may be older than you - you never know

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
DanielS
Message 34 of 103

Hi @OldGreyHair,

Due to the Bank Holiday weekend it will take us a few working days to be able to pick this up for you. In the meantime, please raise a line fault for me at the following link: Report fault. If it is an exchange fault again, hopefully that will pick it up and help save some time. We'll be able to check it afterwards.

To get in touch with us, click on my user name and then copy and paste the link under "Moderation Team Email Address" into your browser.  Complete that form and we'll get back in touch with you.

Thanks

DanielS

OldGreyHair
Contributor
Message 35 of 103

Just been on live chat gave all the relevant information about the fault.

Yes had to go through all the information again in the live chat.

BT ran diagnostics and came up with the old chestnut it is a fault with your Wiring, the problem with that is the phone is plugged into the MK 3 Master socket test socket so no internal wiring connected and the same problem repeated with 3 different corded phones plugged into that socket.

Then we have the contact fiasco, Can you give me your preferred contact number? Ans Landline number. Is there a mobile number so that if the line doesn’t work it helps the engineer to contact you? Ans No mobile (Why is it assumed every body has a mobile that what I have a land line for)

Can you help me with a neighbours number so that I can update that as an alternative number?

Ans No (I do not have any of my neighbours numbers and I would not disturb them with BT’s problems)

Can you please provide any of your relatives number so we can keep them updated on the fault?

Ans No if the phone is not working then they will not be able to contact me.

We need to have another means of communication so that we can update the fault. Ans I have my home phone and internet that is it.

So if I do not have an alternative means of communication does that mean I cant have the fault rectified.

I am getting to old for this the easiest task is so laborious.

Engineer supposed to come tomorrow not holding my breath did not turn up last time.

0 Ratings
OldGreyHair
Contributor
Message 36 of 103

Miracles do happen the Internet has healed it self.

No engineer, no hands laid on.

the fault has disappeared into the thin air.

No its not true intervention somewhere or it an intermittent fault, time will tell. 

Hang up the phone and the smart hub no longer restarts.

White noise interference gone quiet line now.

Thanks You All For Now 

0 Ratings
OldGreyHair
Contributor
Message 37 of 103

The Gremlins Are Back.

Spoke to soon.

Use the phone connected to the test socket resets the smart hub to orange flashing light.

Intermittent interference on the line when connected to the test socket three different corded phones.

I will get the Its your equipment / wiring is at fault it is strange that no matter which company you are with this is always the problem even when connected to the test socket. It is always the same when an engineer calls and explains that “the cabling round here is rubbish” which explains the very poor performance I used to get on standard broadband with a cable length to the exchange of 2.7km as confirmed by an engineer the performance was as if I was 3.7km away from the exchange hence you pay for what you do not get. Ofcom should bring in pricing by the performance you get which should be easy with today's monitoring, when the performance drops you pay less so it would encourage the company to keep infrastructure in good order but in reality probably not because the don’t really care. Next time move to a company with better cabling.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 38 of 103

unless you move to virgin then cabling the same whichever ISP you select as they all use openreach

is your conenction back to dropping out when you use the phone even with new filter in test socket?  

did you take up the mods offer of help and complete the mod contact us form?

OldGreyHair
Contributor
Message 39 of 103

Hello

Thank You @imjolly for your help and interest

The Master Socket is a MK3 with separate sockets for Broadband and Phone so filter are not required it has the built in filter system.

Yes back to square one I am afraid.

Even in the test socket, use the phone and the Smart Hub 6 resets to flashing orange light.

Even changed the RJ11 cable between the Master Socket and the Smart Hub.

Yes that is the company I was referring to but did not like to mention there name on here

Thanks Again

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 40 of 103

the filtered faceplates sometimes do go faulty hence why suggestion of using test socket with a filter to eliminate that as the problem

you never said if you completed the form following mod contact us