cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PaddyB
Message 41 of 103

Re: Hanging Up Phone Reboots Router.

Hi @OldGreyHair,

I've had a look at our queue, I can see that you sent in your details yesterday. One of the team will be in touch with you as soon as your case hit the top of the queue.

Thanks

PaddyB

OldGreyHair
Contributor
Message 42 of 103

Hello

@imjollyThank you for your help

I have tried your suggestion with the phone connected via a new filter connected into the test socket.

Result the same hang up the phone and the BT Smart Hub 6 resets to Flashing Orange light.

Incidentally the firmware was updated on 21-May-2018 to SG4B1000B540.

I did fill in the form as per the moderators instruction so I will wait my turn.

Thank You 

Am I getting too old for this???
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 43 of 103

Look forward to your update after mods get back to you

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
OldGreyHair
Contributor
Message 44 of 103

Open reach engineer Anaz arrive slightly early initially could not find a fault so I showed the engineer a video of the phone being hung up and the Smart Hub resetting to an orange flashing light.

He said there is a bad connection some where. He change the Master Socket from the existing MK3 socket to the latest MK4 master socket and carried out further teats which failed. The engineer the explained he would have to go out to the distribution pole from which he returned and said that there was a fault under ground but he thought the could by-pass the fault Change the pairs between the pole and the street cabinet 0.6 km cable length away. He would return later that afternoon and explained he had found a pair that he was happy with and had tested OK (Open reach will be running out of spare pairs as the pair pole to cabinet was switched only 18 mounts ago.

Any way all seems well for the time being but as previous engineer have said the cabling in this area is poor.

Many thanks to Openreach's Engineer Anaz very polite and efficient and also to moderator John who phoned me.

Not forgetting @imjolly thanks for suggestions and help

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 45 of 103

thanks for update - sounds postive anyway

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 46 of 103

Hi @OldGreyHair Thanks for taking my call and good news to hear that the engineer visit has fixed the fault.

Cheers
John

0 Ratings
OldGreyHair
Contributor
Message 47 of 103

LASTED A WEEK

Hang up the phone resets the smart hub to orange flashing light with an in-line ADSL filter in the MK 4 Test Socket with RJ11 from Smart Hub and the BT plug Lead from the phone plugged into the in-line filter. Have Video Of This Happening Again Today.

Intermittent Noise on the line with two differant corded phones only plugged directly into the MK 4 Test Socket.

Random Drop Out 

When are we going to get some decent cabling in this area the pair has been changed twice now. 

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 48 of 103

Looks like back to mods @JohnC2    and another engineer visit

did you try another filter

OldGreyHair
Contributor
Message 49 of 103

Thanks Once Again For Your Interest @imjolly

Yes Very Frustrating

But Openreach will only patch up again will not renew inreastructure much to the frustration of the engineers that visit each time.

Just wait now 

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 50 of 103

The problem is openreach need to only make sure you have a working phone line so will only replace to make sure that is what you have. Broadband working is a bonus

0 Ratings