cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JohnC2
Message 51 of 103

Re: Hanging Up Phone Reboots Router.

Hi @OldGreyHair Sorry the fault has returned. I've reopened your case and will be in touch with you later this afternoon.

Thanks
John

0 Ratings
OldGreyHair
Contributor
Message 52 of 103

Thanks imjolly

So BT will not mind if I do not pay the Bonus portion of my bill, I think not. It is time.

OFCOM stopped playing at it and stepped on these companies good and hard.

Broadband providers have been hoodwinking the public far to long.

Am I getting too old for this???
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 53 of 103

not sure what the 'bonus portion of your bill' is actually

Mods are trying to help and are looking into your case so just need to wait and see

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
OldGreyHair
Contributor
Message 54 of 103

Engineers Visit A Waste Of Time

Even though there was crackling on the line when he phoned to say he would 15 minuets did some tests he said every thing seemed OK but that it was an "Ongoing Issue Because Of The Aluminium Cabling "  and nothing could be done with the crackling on the line or the underground fault as explained by the previous engineer who visited 10 days ago.

So The Fault Remains Unresolved. 

0 Ratings
OldGreyHair
Contributor
Message 55 of 103

Engineer not really interested once he new his colleague had switched pairs 10 days ago, went through the motions.

He said he thought he would struggle when realised that I lived on an main A road into the town and the street cabinet was No16 in Tweed Street, he also thought that the cables should be routed to the near by street cabinet installed a few years ago for a new estate.

He did say that my minimum Broadband Speed is 27Mbps!

Did not even go up the distribution pole to check that out but looked at it.

Still noise on the line which he put down to inductance on the aluminium cables.

I have video recordings of the drops when using the phone which also show the connection to the test socket (which the engineer just ignored) also will continue to make video recordings of the noise on the line even when just the phone connected to the test socket.

Engineer said he have the line rest so another 10 day learning session.

Screen ShotC06-10-18 at 08.36 PM.jpgScreen ShotC06-11-18 at 12.33 PM.jpgScreen ShotC06-12-18 at 05.20 PM.jpgScreen ShotC06-12-18 at 11.08 AM.jpg

Some screen shots from dropouts last couple of days.

Not A Satisfactory Outcome If  The Line Can Not Be Repaired To Stop The Crackling So That You Can Hear What Is Being Said Then The Only Option Is Leave.

I can feel a deadlock letter coming on.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 56 of 103

the unfortunate thing is that even leaving is not going to help your connection as openreach do not appear willing to do anything to improve your phone line so all ISPs will be the same - unless you can get virgin

maybe BT will reduce your monthly cost as you cannot get estimated speed

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
OldGreyHair
Contributor
Message 57 of 103

Todays Drop After Using Phone

Screen ShotC06-14-18 at 06.00 PM.jpg

0 Ratings
OldGreyHair
Contributor
Message 58 of 103

No Change Overnight From DLM

Screen ShotC06-15-18 at 09.45 AM.jpg

Very Poor, But According To Last Engineer Nothing More To Be Done Poor Infrastructure.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 59 of 103

crossed fingers.jpg

hopefully you may have found stability - time will tell but does not look like openreach can/will do anymore

0 Ratings
OldGreyHair
Contributor
Message 60 of 103

The Openreach Engineer Said That My Minimum Speed Should Be 27Mbps

Now Connected Through The Test Socket Via In line Filter Still Poor Noise On The Line And Very Poor PerformanceScreen Shot 06-15-18 at 03.26 PM.jpgScreen ShotC06-15-18 at 02.27 PM.jpg

Looks Like A Dead End One To Me.

Thank You @JohnC2 For Your Phone Call.

Thank You @imjolly For Your Interest.

0 Ratings