Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OldGreyHair
Contributor
Message 61 of 103

Re: Hanging Up Phone Reboots Router.

Reset BY DLM OverNight

Today's Dropout After Lifting Phone To Hear Noise On The Line Still Whilst Broadband And Phone Plugged Into The Test Socket Via An In Line Micro Filter.

Screen ShotC06-16-18 at 02.56 PM.jpg 

Am I getting too old for this???
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 62 of 103

big differrence in speed but question is can you maintain that speed?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 63 of 103

Hi @OldGreyHair I've a colleague looking at your connection to see if anything further can be done to improve stability. I'll be in touch with you early next week to update you.

Cheers
John 

0 Ratings
OldGreyHair
Contributor
Message 64 of 103

Tried Lifting Phone To Hear Noise On The Line Still Whilst Broadband And Phone Plugged Into The Test Socket Via An In Line Micro Filter On All Three Occasions the Smart Hub Reset To Orange Flashing Light. I Have Video Of The Third Time This Happened.  Phone Line Not Much Use At The Moment Lift The Phone Noise And The Smart Hub Resets To Orange Flashing Light.Screen ShotC06-16-18 at 08.20 PM.jpgScreen ShotC06-16-18 at 08.25 PM.jpgScreen ShotC06-16-18 at 08.32 PM.jpg

0 Ratings
OldGreyHair
Contributor
Message 65 of 103

Hello @JohnC2

I do not know what your colleague can do about the underground fault that the first engineer said existed and thought he could work around by changing the pair again as the work around has not worked so the fault is more extensive than he thought the cable may be damaged. There is also the second engineers instance that street cabinet 16 in Tweed Street is known amongst the engineers for problem connections and poor infrastructure. Your colleague also will need to find a way of stopping the interference on the line which disrupts phone calls and causes difficult in hearing.

Still resetting Smart Hub to Orange Flashing Light each time the hand set is picked up and replaced.

Screen ShotC06-17-18 at 03.09 PM.jpg

0 Ratings
OldGreyHair
Contributor
Message 66 of 103

Thank You @JohnC2 for your phone call today

This is the result of our conversation.

Smart Hub Reset To Orange Flashing Light.Screen ShotC06-18-18 at 12.21 PM.jpg

Third engineer to visit initiated by Openreach/BT a lot of activity by Openreach recently.

Openreach need to do something about infrastructure problems seem to recur regularly every 6 to 8 months.

0 Ratings
OldGreyHair
Contributor
Message 67 of 103

Used the phone again to night.

Result No Better Than Standard Broadband

Screen ShotC06-18-18 at 09.55 PM.jpgScreen ShotC06-18-18 at 09.57 PM.jpg

0 Ratings
OldGreyHair
Contributor
Message 68 of 103

Open Reach Engineer Imraan called today none the wiser he could not understand what was going on so he was unable to resolve the issue checking back at the exchange. The Mystery Remains Not Really Poor And Damaged Cable Underground As The First Engineer Explained He Tried To Work Round It But Has Not Worked. 

Large reduction in speed along with big increase in noise margin not good for cable length of 0.7m to cabinet 16 in Tweed Street Just down the main road.

Screen ShotC06-21-18 at 04.32 PM.jpgScreen ShotC06-06-18 at 05.32 PM.jpg

Large Reduction In Speed Along With Big Increase In Noise MarginLarge Reduction In Speed Along With Big Increase In Noise Margin

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 69 of 103

from the system uptime in a lot of your post it appears that you are constantly resetting the router not just the internet is dropping

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
OldGreyHair
Contributor
Message 70 of 103

Hello

Thank you @imjolly for your interest.

I am not prepared to put up with sub 18Mbps speeds every time I or my wife need to use the phone and struggle through those phone calls with noise on the line so yes I will reset the Smart Hub when I need to.

I played one of many video clips the clip from this week to the engineer showing the phone being picked up and the smart hub resetting to an Orange Flashing light and also show that the phone and broadband are plugged into the test socket via a in-line micro filter. 

The second Engineer that came did say that my minimum speed is 27Mbps

0 Ratings