Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CJT80
Recognised Expert
Message 81 of 103

Re: Hanging Up Phone Reboots Router.

@OldGreyHair

Right that took a little while to check the posts. 

To summerise:

1. You have had an engineer diagnose a fault (based on the video of the Hub dropping out when the handset was replaced on it's base), but they believed the fault was further away? 
  2.  You have had your Master Socket replaced by Openreach as part of the visit above?
  3. You have tired a few "dangly" filters with no change in the circumstances? 
  4. You have been "advised" nothing more can be done? 

Questions

• Has the Hub been changed? Have you been able to try another Router? 
  • Does the new socket look like A or B? 

Left to Right - A,B,C,DLeft to Right - A,B,C,D

• Did it have a filter fitted like this? 

AABB

Lastly you thanfully posted in message 11 and 21 a screen shot from the DSL Checker page which shows: 

VDSL Range     36.6 (High)  27.4 (Low) - Clean

VDSL Range     30      (High)  15 (Low) - Imapacted

Based on the various ranges of tests you have shown you can reach the clean ranges of the speeds, but they do stay around the impacted ranges.   I suspect that with the connection dropping DLM (Dynamic Line Management) may reduce those speeds.

It sounds in my opinion that this needs to be escalated to a higher level of complaints. 

Kind Regards
CJT80
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
OldGreyHair
Contributor
Message 82 of 103

Thank you for your interest @imjolly

It Would Seem Not, Openreach Have Proclaimed The Phone Line Fit For Purpose.

Openreach Immune From Criticism, Complaint and Action From Ofcom As Far As The Consumer Is Concerned.

The Old Infrastructure Copper / Aluminium Can Rot This has Been The Case For Some Years Now In This Area, All They Will Do Is Patch It Up They Will Not Maintain It.

They Are Only Interested In The More Lucrative Lines Of Business Not Interested In Pensioners Problems.

(Message Just Left On Answer Machine You Can Clearly Hear The Crackling On That)

No Options Now

The Excellent Moderators Have Done There Up Most Purely Down To Openreach And Their Lack Of Responsibility For The Network They Are Supposed Run.

Am I getting too old for this???
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 83 of 103

Ofcom wont help until you get a deadlock letter but the end result if openreach won't do anymore is possibly a reduction in cost from BT or you can leave and see if anothet ISP has anymore luck with openreach - but doubt it

still think you are entitled to  a working quiet phone line

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
CJT80
Recognised Expert
Message 84 of 103

@OldGreyHair

BT appear to have a Complaints page here which gives an option to e-mail in (it includes an e-mail and postal address) complaints regarding broadband or Infinity (the name BT use for Fibre). 

Also it contains a link to BT's complaints code of practice. 

Worth following up I'd suggest. 

Kind Regards
CJT80
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
OldGreyHair
Contributor
Message 85 of 103

Thank You @CJT80 And @imjolly

1. Yes

2. Yes (Did You Have A Filter Like This? Mk 4 As Your Lower Picture B)

3. Yes (The Engineers Seem Dismayed When They First Come To The Master Socket One Of Their Excuses Taken Away.)  

4. Yes

5. The Hub Has Not Been Changed As It has Been Discounted As A Cause Of the Fault.

Thank For Your Both For Your Help

Speed And SNR Still Silly.

26/06/2018   17:3326/06/2018 17:33

0 Ratings
CJT80
Recognised Expert
Message 86 of 103

@OldGreyHair

Based on "you have been advised nothing else can be done? - yes" I would escalate a complaint and either request that more is done, or that you are released from your X months contract and look for an alternative supplier. 

I cannot (on here) make any suggestions as that would flout BT's rules, however IF you want a few suggestions I am happy to message you. 

Kind Regards
CJT80
0 Ratings
OldGreyHair
Contributor
Message 87 of 103

I Had The Chance To Speak With A Neighbour Today Also A Senior Citizen She Said That She Has Had Engineers Several Times To The Telephone Line Because Of Noise On The Line Even To The Point Of Not Being Able To Use It. She Went On To Say That The Problem Varies An One Of The Engineer Tried To Blame Her Hand Set Unit She Explain That Her Son Had Tried A Different Phone And Still Had Noise On the Line. So It Would Seem The Problem Is Not Purely Isolated To One Line, Of Course Openreach Will Have Records Of These Problems But Of Course Keep Them To Themselves. They Will Also Know That The Same Problem Was Apparent In September 2017 This Was Put Down To An Exchange Problem. Openreach Will Spin Any Tail. Did Openreach Have A Problem At The Exchange? Have They Changed The Pair That They Have Said On More Than One Occasion? If They Have And Others Are Having Problems And Openreach Will Know Then They Should Be made To Investigate The Initial Diagnoses Of An Underground Fault.

Surely  Openreach In This Technological Age Have Some Kind Of Monitoring Equipment They Can Put On The Line In  Circumstances As This.

Openreach Obviously Think That I Am Lying About The Problem Even Though I Have Shown Videos To Each Visiting Which Show The Smart Hub Resetting To Orange Flashing Light When Using The Phone And Also Shows That The Connection Is Into The Test Socket Via An In Line Micro Filter As Supplied With The Smart Hub.

I Have Just Heard From A Relative That Tried To Phone Twice Yesterday But Could Not Get Through Because Of A Message Saying "Fault On The Line"

Thank you @CJT80 If You Have Any Suggestions That You Are Not Allowed To Make The Please Send A Message.

@JohnC2If You Would Please Ask Someone At BT To Send A Deadlock Letter.

Thank You All 

0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 88 of 103

Hi @OldGreyHair I called a few times today sorry I keep missing you. Can you let me know if you are available to take a call this afternoon. I am out of the office tomorrow but will be back on Friday if that suits better for me to call. 

Cheers
John

OldGreyHair
Contributor
Message 89 of 103

Hello @JohnC2

I Am Sorry I Missed Your Calls Today.

Friday Afternoon Probably Best Time To Call After 15:30 If That Is OK

Many Thanks 

0 Ratings
CJT80
Recognised Expert
Message 90 of 103

@OldGreyHair

I will send you a PM (Private Message) later this evening. 

Kind Regards
CJT80
0 Ratings