Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 15

Re: Hardwire issues with Home Hub 5

@funkyjunky wrote:
Load of rubbish, sounds like the usual excuses that BT trot out to abdicate any responsibility

I have a HH5 (b) Connected over standard cat 5 installed 18 years ago throughout my house and all works perfectly. The only issue is have had is some connections don't run at gigabit speeds (which it shouldn't support anyway but does on a lot of the connections) so I have to say what a load of FUD

I think we established that in message 2. We are now trying to diagnose the problem.

spencerbrown
Beginner
Message 12 of 15

Maybe im not being clear. I am simply plugging the other end of my CAT cable into my lap top. Logistically I am doing this from another room to where my bt hub is becasue the cable runs through the walls. I see no point in testing it through the switch box as i assume if it doesnt work direct then it wont work using the switch box either. 

IMG_2435.JPG

0 Ratings
spencerbrown
Beginner
Message 13 of 15

The cable is long because it goes across my whole flat from one end to the other. It seems it can only be the cable i agree but in that case why did it work with SKY for 3 years I wonder
0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 15

Fair enough if it is a direct cable from the Homehub to the laptop it should work. If it does not work it must be  a cable fault. I would be inclined to use a cable tester to check the continuity and also check the cable plug pins to see if any of them are damaged.

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 15

Are you sure the wireless was turned off when you say it worked OK when connected to the HUB using a short lead? If your Ethernet network adaptor is set to a static IP address that was in the Sky address range you may have been connecting wirelessly rather than by Ethernet. Check your Ethernet adaptor is set to DHCP.

0 Ratings