cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Guru
Message 1 of 7

Has B.T increased there upload speeds

I was wondering if B.T has upped there upload speeds, none of my friends have actually received the increase and as i don't have B.T Infinity myself yet i can't check either. My checker says this:

Your cabinet is planned to have WBC FTTC by 31st December 2011. Our test also indicates that your line currently supports a fibre technology with an estimated WBC FTTC Broadband where consumers have received downstream line speed of 32.9 Mbps and upstream line speed of 13.3 Mbps.

Was just actually wondering if anyone has actually received a significant speed increase of their upload? or is this going to happen at a later date?

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 7

Re: Has B.T increased there upload speeds

I noticed the other day my telephone number checker result upload had changed from 6Mbps to 11Mbps.

I don't think anyone will experience the extra speed yet! as the 10Mbps and 2Mbps upload caps will still be in place.

Telephone number checker http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

Result = "FTTC Broadband where consumers have received downstream line speed of 26.6Mbps and upstream line speed of 11.1Mbps."

Infinity Option 1 with 2Mbps cap.-

--------------------------------------------//--------------------------------------------
Please Click On any Text in Blue as that automatically links to information.

PC (NDEGR)

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Guru
Message 3 of 7

Yea PC thought this was actually weird B.T putting up or showing increases of speed without putting them into practice.

People would be expecting a higher upload speed as what it says on the checker, not to sure what mine will eventually be at but i think the average is roughly around 8mb upload for the Infinity Option 2.

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 4 of 7

I've noticed that my upload speed has been increased, on the checker it now says 13.6Mb and just checked my speed check's and there are a lot of above 10Mb there at different times.

iechyd da

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 5 of 7

Result = "FTTC Broadband where consumers have received.....

Seems rather a far-fetched claim given that the product (sold by BTW to BT retail and other ISPs), in practise, has a 2mbps or 10mbps cap, I can't see that any consumer could have recieved the claimed upload speed.

Still, it may be a sign of an improvement to come (as long as it isn't acompanied by an increased charge).

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 6 of 7

I have also noticed this increase in the upload, my check always said estimated upload of 6.9mb but running the test just now it says 10mb. Actual download is around 8.5mb.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 7 of 7

@walker23 wrote:

Result = "FTTC Broadband where consumers have received.....

Seems rather a far-fetched claim given that the product (sold by BTW to BT retail and other ISPs), in practise, has a 2mbps or 10mbps cap, I can't see that any consumer could have recieved the claimed upload speed.

Still, it may be a sign of an improvement to come (as long as it isn't acompanied by an increased charge).

BT have stated they are to double the speed of Infinity next year so improvement is to come. (don't know about charges though).

Several people with their own VDSL equipment have noticed a firmware change which is probably BT getting ready for the increase, this could be being reflected in the results the checker is giving or just a software glitch with the website.

0 Ratings