cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Has BT withdrawn Wifi Calling on Android Phones?

Go to solution

I got a new BT mobile phone in May 2020 and was able to select "Wifi calling" as a filter on BT site which gave me quite a selection.  I now need another but now there is no mention of Wifi calling at all and when I 'phoned BT a month ago was offered only Samsung A21, which I am not keen on as only 32 Gb.  I see that several customers on here have had problems with Wifi calling even on existing contracts and the list of suitable phones on the pinned message is now three years old, and unusable.  I need Wifi calling due to lack of mobile signal at my address.  Perhaps BT have realised that if they provide it they will lose the landline call income.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Has BT withdrawn Wifi Calling on Android Phones?

Go to solution

i have a Pixel 4a and that works with WiFi calling so definitely not being withdrawn

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

No

A thank you is nice, it makes the effort worthwhile, but a kudo is better, by a country mile. (I'm no poet & boy don't I know it)
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution
And you evidence is....?
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

My evidence is that I was using it yesterday 👍

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

No, the A71 for example has it as well - Buy Samsung Galaxy A71 | BT phone deals | BT

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

You have to enable WiFi Calling in the phone settings

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

OK, thank you all.

On the basis that:
Wifi calling is not being promoted by BT at all;
There is no information anywhere in writing as to which phones are capable;
Just a few months ago BT assured me that all its phone provided Wifi calling, now there are just one or two;
BT rolled out Android upgrade without any attention at all to maintaining Wifi calling (see other thread);
The pinned message from BT providing this information has not been updated and is now unusable.

In the absence of any response to my question from BT, I believe that the writing is on the wall for Android Wifi calling.
You can, of course, make your own minds up..........

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

@SimonBuwrote:
And you evidence is....?

In general, we get a pretty decent mobile signal with the odd fluctuation.

With Wi-Fi calling, the phone assesses the strength of the mobile signal against the strength of the Wi-Fi and switches to the stongest

whenever I pull down the notification area on my phone whilst making a handsfree call from home it always says "Wi-Fi call in progress"

Your phone may be capable of Wi-Fi calling but it needs to be enabled, with Samsung I believe this setting is under the phone dialler, with other phones it may be under the Mobile settings.

A search on google should help you find where it is on your phone.

There is a list somewhere on the BT site but it's so out of date it's hardly worth mentioning, indeed if you search this forum, I seem to remember one of the mods once posting that BT had no intention of maintaining it as the EE list applies but that in turn was also well out of date the last time I looked.

MyBT tells me that I don't have Wi-Fi calling but as mentioned above, I definitely have 

A thank you is nice, it makes the effort worthwhile, but a kudo is better, by a country mile. (I'm no poet & boy don't I know it)