cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
louey
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Has anyone got a UK phone number for BT - re engineer visit (or lack of)

I'm so fed up of Indian call centres.

I reported a fault with my broadband dropping out when the phone was used. After going through 4 different departments, most of whom asked the same questions (when I finally understood them), I finally managed to get them to book an engineer. He was supposed to be coming this afternoon. Yesterday I got a call from another Indian call centre to say that they have identifed a fault outside of my house and I don't need to wait in for the engineer. 

I was instantly wary and asked how the engineer would know if the problem was fixed unless he came into the house and checked. After much discussion, the BT person said they would put a note for the engineer to call me when he had fixed the fault outside. 

So tonight, I realise that I haven't had a call from the engineer, and the phone just rang and cut off my broadband. Again.

I cannot face going through 10 different depts again. Is there a UK number I can phone to sort this out??

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
StuartH
Message 2 of 7

Re: Has anyone got a UK phone number for BT - re engineer visit (or lack of)

Hi Louey

I can have this investigated for you to see what has been happening with this fault.

Send us an email using the contact the mods link in my profile you will find it in the section 'About Me'.

Thanks

Stuart

0 Ratings
louey
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Thank you - I've emailed you. 

0 Ratings
louey
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 7

I've now sent you two emails without any reply and no further resolution to the problem

The broadband fault is recorded as being fixed and closed (as of 11 Feb) despite no engineer visiting or even checking whether they had fixed the fault. Needless to say, its not fixed.

Does anyone else have a UK phone number for BT that I can call to try and get this sorted out?

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 7

did you send email after using contact us link?  If you sent a PM then that explains why no reply  

contact mods.jpg

After completing the email NOT PM then you join a queue of other customers waiting for mod help. The mods will get back to you in 3/5 working days either by phone or email

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
louey
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Yes I did. I can't even see where to send a pm! 

0 Ratings
pippincp
Sage
Message 7 of 7

As it take 3-5 days for your request to get to the top of their workstack you should be getting a reply anytime now.

0 Ratings