cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Has the HH5 fix/update worked for you ?

Hello everyone, I have been following the posts on the HH5 firmware issue since my broadband was installed at the end of January as I have been having the same issues with dropped broadband connection, both wifi and wired connections dropping repeatedly and poor speed. Since the start of the rollout of the fix, I now no longer seem to drop broadband connection (flashing b on the HH5) but everything else seems the same, in fact worse after todays update which appears to be the third I have received so far. Has the update/fix worked for anyone or are we all still experiencing the same trouble?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Contributor
Message 2 of 6

Re: Has the HH5 fix/update worked for you ?

So far, no!

Downstream speed has dropeed from 76-79mb to 60-61mb and there are frequent wifo disconnects.

Not happy with this, it has been fantastic for the last 13 months, but since the update, not good at all.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 6

I had the fix on 21/2/15 but nothing since. Since then I have been having "PPPoE is down" events which then knock out the wireless connections at the same time. My understanding is that this is a loss of communication between the router and the WAN. This has happened 11 times since 21/2/15 and definitely wasn't happening before then. Conversely, the wireless disconnections that were happening before the fix seem to have stopped, apart from the above which now seem to be as a result of the new problem, not the cause.

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

I just lost wired connection again and can now no longer log in to my HH5 as it is saying I have supplied an incorrect password.

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

That seems to also be the case with me OldBob, the HH5 just went to a solid orange light and is now allowing me to log in again too.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

Try a factory reset of the hub that should solve the login problem
0 Ratings