cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aileron
Contributor
Message 1 of 10

Have BT TV and new box - how do I watch BT Sport?

I'm sure this should be simple  but I'd be really grateful for some help.

I'm an infinity subscriber...and I've just signed up for BT TV for the first time.

I signed up for:

1. BT TV (new box etc)
  2. Essentials Extra to get extra channels and
  3. The Free HD for a Year if you sign up before August 1st.

It arrived and all works fine except I can't get BT Sport...it asks me to subscribe.

As a new subscriber to BT TV with Essentials Extra, do I also have to sign up to BT Sport somewhere else? In the many loops on the website...I do eventually come to one which offers me two options:

a) sign up to BT Sport - non HD, for free.

b) Add HD Sport for another £3 per month.

As I'm sure many here will understand, I'm scared of choosing the first option in case I lose the HD option I thought I'd signed up for in the offer (assuming BT TV and Essentials Extra for an Infinity subscriber includes BT Sport!).

Help....what do I do? Wait and it may appear?

Subscibe and risk the HD offer falling away?

The whole BT TV and sport thing looks great but, my goodness, BT do have a weakness in terms of options and complexity. If they made everything much simpler and more transparent/obvious they would overcome Sky overnight!

Thanks

Paul

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
philipformby
Beginner
Message 2 of 10

Re: Have BT TV and new box - how do I watch BT Sport?

go for the sd option you can upgrade to hd anytime

0 Ratings
aileron
Contributor
Message 3 of 10

Update: Tried the 'activate' button on My BT... this got me up and running with online/tablet BT Sport access...but the channels on the TV are still asking me to subscribe.

So...even though I assumed having Infinity + Vision-Plus box + Essentials Extra would give me access to BT Sport, I tried the 'add BT Sport to exsiting BT TV' option. The result? 'Good News...you already have access to BT sport via the BT sport app on your device...if you want to add it to your TV package, call us...'.

So, I'm now stuck in the loop of the never ending 'Thank You for holding....' as if we don't have lives to lead...

While the ringtone plays and my landline is blocked for yet another extended period, can anyone shed any light on how I can get the BT Sport channels up and running? I feel fairly sure this is a package/subscription issue rather than a technical fault.

Thanks!

0 Ratings
guilbo
Guru
Message 4 of 10

Are you loking at the right channels (508 & 509)? 58 & 59 will ask you to subscribe as they are used for people who need to use DTT and a card rather than Infinity.

Can you see the extra channels? The box ships with non multicast software and will update to the multicast version needed after you turn it on. This may take a day or two.

0 Ratings
aileron
Contributor
Message 5 of 10

Thanks.

Yes - I was looking at the right channel numbers; I had searched them all.

Update: I eventually got through to a very helpful person on the sales helpline, they agreed BT Sport should have been on and started the process; less than an hour later it was working...except the HD channels.

I now have to go through the whole process to get the Sports HD channels working.

0 Ratings
humeka
Contributor
Message 6 of 10

From Remote select BT VISION,HELP/SETTINGS,SETTINGS,ENTITLEMENT INFORMATION and check the channels your account is setup for.

0 Ratings
guilbo
Guru
Message 7 of 10

Good oh. Part of the way there, then. As a matter of interest, which number were the sales helpline on?

0 Ratings
aileron
Contributor
Message 8 of 10

I think I started on 0800 800 150 and went on from there.

In terms of Entitlement Options I have PSB HD, Essentials Extra, Bt Sport SD.

So either the 'free HD' offer doesn't extend to BT Sport, or it hasn't been set up properly with Bt Sport HD. It's not a technical fault....just a setup issue.

All organisations make little errors..but where BT seem to excel is creating labyrinthine complex systems  to stonewall you. I'll eventually get this clarified/sorted...just a shame for both me and BT that it has to take so many hours of my life, so many contacts, so much hanging on.

0 Ratings
aileron
Contributor
Message 9 of 10

For me it's been Sales --> Sales --> Tech Help --> Order Management today. That's why all the support systems are clogged...because people are passed around just to get rid of them.

0 Ratings
aileron
Contributor
Message 10 of 10

Here's the result of my problem.  When I ordered my BT Vision+ box, BTTV for the first time, the Essentials Exta channels and Free HD all on the back of the free BT Sport for existing broadband subscribers if orderd before August 1st, it wasn't clear from the ordering website, that I had to, somewhere, order BT Sport as well.

So, when I eventually had BT Sport turned on this morning, it was now after 1st August and the 'free-HD for a year' offer cannot be applied to the BT Sport.

The team I got through to were not prepared to take my word that I had set the whole thing up specifically for the Sport and it was not clear that BT Sport was not bundled in with the new TV pacakage I was getting.

Anyway, the appalling support systems and feeling tricked by all of this means I will be off at the first opportunity. To cap it all, I can leave by paying £374 cancellation charges! I.E...I can't. I'll get some advice about selling regulations, cooling off periods etc but if it proves impossible to leave, I'll look for alternatives in 12 months.

0 Ratings