cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 26

Have I been Duped?

Ok I had Infinity 2 installed on the 27/4, I went for the upto 76mb or whatever it was but BT checker said I would get 55.7mb download & 18mb Upload When I got home that same day I checked my speed and it was only 8mb download, I went onto the BT site and the beta speed tester was reporting 31.8mb. I ran a few more via speediest.net and it was settling around 10mb for the rest of the eve Since then I have had varying speeds and the highest being 27mb I know there is a 10 day settling down period so I have just ran several tests everyday and logging the info. Today I decided to use the BT speed test again and it stated i was getting 25mb download and it had a message which stated this was the expected Speed they predict for my line which is capable of 40mb!! Now this was not the information I was given when placing my order! If it was I would have taken the cheaper option which is £8 a month less and gone with the upto 36mb with 40gb download. So do you think the information is incorrect and should I see nearer the 55.7mb I was told I would get when I ordered? if anyone has had a similar experience then please share. Otherwise in 6 days time I'm ready to call BT and no doubt endure endless torrid phone calls trying to get my point across Many thanks in advance
0 Ratings
25 REPLIES 25
Highlighted
Guru
Message 2 of 26

Re: Have I been Duped?

Loads of users across the forum have experienced the same, with predictions meeting the top end of the 76/19MB package and having issues with it.

At the moment as you well know, B.T will not do anything in the 10 days stabilisation period, but after that i would recommend you get on to tech support 0800 111 4567 if nothing changes and get an engineer out to see what's going on.

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 26

Many thanks for the reply I shall do ass you said. Even with my current speeds it kicks the hell out my sky 2.5mb I just want to get what I was told I would and more importantly get what I am paying for
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 26

Are you sure you are on the up to 76mb package, not the up to 38mb package. What is your line profile from the bt speedtester ?

IT SUPPORT TECHNICIAN - Comptia A+ Certified, MTA Qualified and MTSC qualified
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 26

Hi there,

Yes i can confirm that i am definatly on the upto 75mb connection, i have the paper work here infront of me.

BT Speedchecker on Day one said i was getting 31mb now says 25mb! How do i find out my line profile? i take it this is different to download/upload?

I can run a test when i get home again if that would help?

Cheers

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 26

Your profile can be found by running the ADSL and FTTC speedtest at www.speedtester.bt.com. Don't worry about the actual speed result that test gives as it's known to be dodgy at the moment.

I assume you've been running your tests with an Ethernet connection and not over wireless?
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 26

I shall run and report settings after work today.

I havent done a Ethernet test yet but will make sure i use that tonight.

Does it really make a big difference then? I know That being Hard Wired is a better connection but didnt think it was a massive difference?

Thank you once more

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 8 of 26

It makes a huge difference.

My current speedtest results ethernet cable : 74.67Mbit download / 16.8mbit upload

My latop current speedtest results wirreless:  24.6mbit / 5.6mbit upload

I am using the normal HH and i am not bother with wireless but there is your answer if it makes a difference 🙂

Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 26

ok just got home and hooked the laptop up via the eithernet cable that came with the HH3, i have turned Wifi off and the results on speedtest.net is worrying!!

[URL=http://www.speedtest.net][IMG]http://www.speedtest.net/result/1928061831.png[/IMG][/URL]

Not sure if i have done that correctly so the image will show? but it shows my download to be 0.55mb and upload 0.38mb with a ping of 15.

BT Speed test reporting the same.

That is by far the worst result so far.

Just tried wireless and got 5mb download which is still shocking!

Bit worrying with it being so low 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Guru
Message 10 of 26

Have you tried ringing tech support 0800 111 4567, looks like you will need a visit from an Openreach engineer.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution