cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 26

Re: Have I been Duped?

Aarong no i havent called them yet should i not wait until my 10 day stabilisation period is up?

Which is Monday

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Guru
Message 12 of 26

Ok yea, sorry didn't realise, yea wait until it's up, if no improvement, definitely give them a call 😉
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution
Highlighted
Guru
Message 13 of 26

Just to add buddy, looking at your speeds they aren't even in the acceptable range for download speeds, try http://www.speedtest.bbmax.co.uk/ and post results please mate. I would give them a call before hand if they are consistently that bad.

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 26

Thanks mate, ill continue to run tests until then.

Its just currently as of today i am now running 2mb slower than i was when i was with Sky

Edit: upon more testing i decided to unplug the either and try wireless again where my results shot up to 18mb, so i put the cable back in and its back down to .55mb.

Seems very strange! is there something that could cause this?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 26

This may be obvious but have you rebooted your modem? As when my speed drops down I just reboot it and it goes back up to 74Mbits.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Guru
Message 16 of 26

Since the he is still in his 10 day stabilisation period this would be unwise, afterwards would be fine.
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 26

I have only done a reboot the first day i got it, i then read this shouldnt be done in first 10days so i will wait until after that.

If that fixes things great but we shall see.

Ill come back here everytime i have an update and i would like to thank you all for your input.

Thanks YouSmiley Happy

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Guru
Message 18 of 26

No problem buddy, anytime!
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 26

Try a different Ethernet port on the hub
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 26

Hi Webby tried all 4 eithernet ports on the Hub and got the same result!!!

Tried Wirelss again and got around 15mb and strangley 25mb Upload!!!!!

I didnt think Higher than 19 was possible i was predicted 18 upload.

0 Ratings