Contributor
Message 31 of 79

Re: Have been Downgraded from Infinity 2 to Infinity 1 overnight

I hope so.

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 32 of 79

Thank you for your voicemail message which we have received we’ll await further advice from you tomorrow.
0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 33 of 79

Engineer came this Morning he said he was a fibre engineer not a broadband engineer he was very through he was the first engineer to actually have a look at the line outside the house all the engineers in the past have plugged their equpment in and say the line is perfect. He  changed something in the Juction box on the roof I think he found a fault somewhere, he didn't reset the line though the attainable ratee on the router has gone back up again it is now hovering between 76/77 instead of 72/73 

the speed this weekend has gone from 55/10 to 55/12 then 55/15 when I do a speed test we are still getting 55/10

router stats 11th november 2017.png

0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 34 of 79

Puzzled by this "Engineer came this Morning he said he was a fibre engineer not a broadband engineer "

I've had 2 OR engineers out the second supposably a broadband one he checked my drop wire and from here to copper cabinet and changed my copper onto a redundant copper pair from neighbour who as gone Virgin.

What interested me was he said he wasn't allowed access to the fibre cabinent only the engineer at exhange could.

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 35 of 79

Thats the first time ive ever head of a fibre engineer In the past I've had Rein engineers,Specialst Engineers,Broadband engineers,Line engineers and the general engineers. he said he was doing whatever BT told him to do I mentioned about Reseting the line he said he had to do whatever his jobcard tells him to do.

when he said Fibre engineer he said he only works with problems with Fibre broadband only.

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 36 of 79

Neil I think the problem is the Line is capped at 54  and needs a Engineer to do a DLM reset. The engineer on Monday found a fault and and was unable to reset the line I think he said he wasn't the right Engineer to Reset the DLM. The router will only connect at 54999 with an attainable rate of 76/77.and the upload will always connect at 14999 which looks like it is banded.

router stats 14th December 2017.png

profile2.png

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 37 of 79

The Throught speeds seem to be getting slower and slower the Upload speed has now gone up to 17 however when doing speedtests I get the Following all tests done wired

bt wholesale results.png

router stats 14th December Evening.png

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 38 of 79

do you get same level of result using this  http://beta.speedtest.net/   Btspeedtester has been giving some odd results - when it works

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 39 of 79

Just tested on speedtest.net got this on ethernet to.

speedtest results.png

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 40 of 79

That really is low. Is there any noise on quiet line test

have you had congestion problem before

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings