cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sage
Message 61 of 79

Re: Have been Downgraded from Infinity 2 to Infinity 1 overnight

Give it time for G.Inp to kick in (about 10 days).

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 62 of 79

G.inp is Enabled it started reducing the Noise margin to 5 this morning when it gets to 3.5 again it will go to 79999 used to get about 75 on Ethernet and 70ish on wireless until something happened in November which No one has managed to fix.

The throught speed is still stuck to infinity 1 speed so cannot get any higher than 45Mbps out of the router even though it is connected at 76Mbps

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 63 of 79

Poor throughput speed ongoing since November. Still unresolved back up to 80 still only getting barely 52 now starting to get nowhere with this now.

Thinkbroadband test result https://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/1514384663410767255

thinkbroadband results.png

router stats 27th December 2017.png

btw speedtest results 27th December 2017.png

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 64 of 79

You are now syncing at the maximum speed for Infinity 2, reduction in throughput will be due to congestion in the backhaul rather than your connection.

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 65 of 79

I don't think it is congestion the last time I ever got anything above 55Mbps was in November BT don't seem to be intrested in fixing whatever is wrong with it the Mods were supposed to be dealing with it haven't had any communication from them since the line was reset and then the Fault was listed as closed when It's still not right.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 66 of 79

Can you temporarily connect your Hub and carry out a speedtest, just to rule out a problem with the Billion.

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 67 of 79

I had BT smart hub plugged in between November to Middle of November when I noticed the Speeds were gettting lower I thought the Billion Router was to blame so plugged the Smart Hub in get the same 52/10 results contacted BT who reapplied the Speedboost that didn't do anything, Smart Hub kept dropping capped the speed at 66Mbps Mods then reapplied the Speedboost again didn't work Openreach Reset DLM remotely still get the exact speed no matter what Router I use.

0 Ratings
Sage
Message 68 of 79

I agree with @licquorice, it now looks like a congestion problem. The speed tests and router stats tend to bear this out.

Which exchange are you on and I'll flag it for a mod to take a look.

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 69 of 79

The Mods were supposed to be dealing with they have just walked away and abandoned the case they Just closed the Fault no communication whatsoever.

0 Ratings
Message 70 of 79

Hi @Ryan98 Neil is dealing with your case and he is still chasing a resolution to this issue for you. He will be back in the office tomorrow and update you then on his progress.

cheers

John

0 Ratings