cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gis
Message 1 of 2

Have to set my Router 2.0 to factory settings to work on an Aspire notebook running Linux

My router works very well on my desktop running XP and has done for several months. However I regularly have to reste the router to factory settings so that the Aspire notebook, running Linux, will connect to the network. I make no other changes to the router configuration, and I am not aware that I have changed anything ever, except enabling power saving. Any ideas please?

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 2

Re: Have to set my Router 2.0 to factory settings to work on an Aspire notebook running Linux

have you made sure that the wifi driver in your netbook is up to date?  using your pc download inssider2 from metgeek and run it.  It will show the networks round about you including your own and also the channels others are using.  if you are on a popular channel then change to another channel or at least one that is less congested.

you could also chnage from b/g/n to just b/g in the hub which may help

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings