I was concerned that my usage showing on the monitor was excessively high over the last few days.
To my pleasant surprise it reduced yesterday to more normal levels.
Has anyone seen anything similar ?
Mine is higher than I woud have expected it, as I have a monitor of my own, but not exessively.
Same here. It was showing 3 or 4 GB more than expected and has reverted back to normal levels today. The unexpected increase was about a week ago.
Still cannot get any response.
Am I alone or are others having problems as well ?
Same here. I am on limited broadband. In Oct I got warnings that I was getting near to my 40GB limit. I hardly use broadband so didn't understand why it was so high. I disconnected the router almost all day for the last days in the month but it still went over the 40 GB limit, by 0.33 GB
Since then I have monitored it daily. I couldn't believe it when I seemed to have used 3.47 GB on 4 Oct. This is clearly not right.
My daily cumulative total results went from 0.83 generally up to 9.54 on 8 Oct. When I checked later last night it had dropped to 5.81. Clearly something is wrong with the monitor.
I can't get to the page that shows the monitor today.
This needs fixing and I hope I haven't been charged the £5.30 for supposedly going over the 40 GB limit in October.
I have raised this issue and will post back once I have an update on it.
Thanks for raising your concerns over the usage monitor. We have spoken with the usage team and they have confirmed that they are aware of a system problem which meant that the usage for the 3rd October 2014 for some customers may not be correct.
We are currently taking steps to remove any incorrect usage, and the monitor will be corrected by 11th October 2014. This is why some customers may have noticed that their usage has decreased recently. The issue on the 3-Oct is only for usage in October, and customers have not been charged for exceeding their broadband usage allowance. Before we charge customers, we will ensure that any incorrect usage has been removed.