cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Held Hostage !! Why can BT not let me leave? PAC request open four weeks. Any help/recommendations?

Hi.

After being miss-sold the renewal of our telephone and broadband service, we moved all those services to Sky from BT in September, leaving a BT Mobile sim.  However as part of the renewal fiasco, BT Customer Services changed the mobile contract & service from the one we agreed, to one with a lower data allowance.

We raised this as an issue on 30th Sept, and were told it was a display error on the MyMobile page and would show correctly after the next bill.   However when the month ended, this renewed at the 750Mb allowance, not the 2Gb agreed.

Having spent over 10hours on the phone with multiple multiple teams in BT, I asked for PAC to move the mobile number from BT on 24th October.  But was told that there was a "Data Integrity issue on the mobile account" that would take 24hrs to resolve and someone would call me back.   No call back.

A few days later...reach a really helpful person in Customer Options team - who says there needs to be "an offline bridge case raised to resolve this"... it would take 24hrs to resolve and someone would call me back.   No call back.

Another week passes, with my calling every other day (getting the same story) and am told this has now passed the SLA for an offline bridge case - and would be raised with management for attention....and it would take 24hrs to resolve and someone would call me back.   No call back.

Raised a complaint online... No response.

Anyone we talk to in Customer Services says.... "there is a data integrity issue...." we'll escalate and call you back etc. etc. etc. With no actions at all.

There is also the unbridled joy of having £20 of excess data charges applied to the bill, for going over the 750Mb limit...when it should not have been at that level. Ever!

After nearly four weeks. No further forward... we are locked into a service that we did not request, do not want, and BT totally unable to provide any resolution. 

I have asked for a deadlock letter, however have been told they cannot do anything until this data issue is resolved.

We just want to leave BT, but retain the number.   Life is too short for this.

Any recommendation of who we can ask for any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks!

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Message 2 of 6

Re: Held Hostage !! Why can BT not let me leave? PAC request open four weeks. Any help/recommendatio

@canda I'm really sorry about the problems you're having getting your pac code. We'll be happy to chase this up for you if you use the 'contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Re: Held Hostage !! Why can BT not let me leave? PAC request open four weeks. Any help/recommendatio

Thanks @NeilO raised another form online. Hopefully someone/anyone can help. Much appreciated.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 6

Hi @canda,

Thanks for sending over the details. I've checked this and can see our high level complaints team have been in touch and resolved the issue for you. Please post back if you have any other problems and we'll be happy to lend a hand.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Thanks for follow up. Yes have now received a PAC. Now waiting to see if it works and to have the excess charges removed from bills. Will see I guess.

Disappointing that despite vallient efforts from some in customer service they achieve nothing after weeks of near daily contact. But start to tweet the board of directors, email the ceo, and start contacting regulators.....magic can indeed happen! Who'd have thought it!

Thanks for the help from the mods and following up. Seems a rare talent in BT. But very appreciated when it happens.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 6 of 6

Hi @canda,

Thanks for posting. I hope everything is sorted but if there are any problems please post back and we'll be happy to help.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings