cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gellikinz
Message 1 of 4

Help! BT Broadband Blue light still isn't lit up?!

Hi there 😄

I received my Hub yesterday from BT. They activated my phone line straight away as when I got home from work I was able to make and receive calls from my landline.

I plugged in my Hub version 3.0 (No BT Infinity by the way, just standard) and waited a while. The power and wireless lights were both a steady blue. However there was no blue ight for broadband. I have tried everything. Restarting and reseting. Unplugging, trying the other ASDL box they supplied. I phoned the helpline last night about 8pm, and although very helpful, the issue wasn't resolved.

It's now the next day, and after midnight and it's still the same.

Does anybody have any ideas what might be happening?! My flat is pretty new-and I imagine the guy who lived here before had BT internet, there are BT Openreach ports in the living room and bedroom. The one in the lounge has a little phone port at the top, and in the bottom section, has the port that fits the ASDL box in.

I would really appreciate any help/advice you can give me whilst I wait for BT to call me back this afternoon?! I have been reading a few negative reviews about BT and I just hope this can be rectified!!

Thanks for all your help!!

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Gellikinz
Message 2 of 4

Re: Help! BT Broadband Blue light still isn't lit up?!

Just a quick update:

I have plugged the ADSL grey wire directly into the top port of the Openreach socket, so now my broadband is working fine BUT I can't plug my phone in now.

Any suggestions?!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 4

@Gellikinz wrote:

Just a quick update:

I have plugged the ADSL grey wire directly into the top port of the Openreach socket, so now my broadband is working fine BUT I can't plug my phone in now.

Any suggestions?!

That is where it should be plugged in. Your phone should be plugged into the bottom one. You cannot use the bottom one for broadband, as its filtered to allow the phone only.

Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

does your socket look like this if it does as Keith has posted then your home hub connects to the top socket and your phone to the lower one infinity socket.jpg

0 Ratings