cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 24

Re: Help! BT appear to have deleted my whole email account

This is basically my problem had by Nurse1, which was solved, he had no access to his email,

same as me in April, when eventually after 3 weeks, i got it back, its not just a matter of changing passwords,

this is impossible as i cannot even find a trace of my email address.

https://community.bt.com/t5/Email/E-MAIL-LOG-IN-ON-A-CONTINUOUS-LOOP-DESPAIRING/m-p/1621036

If the above problem was solved, and my same problem in April, can someone please find a solution to my current problem,

the answer must lie in the records of my account from just a few weeks ago, or in the details of the problem that Nurse1 Had recently.

If this helps, its my incident number.

BT Community Forum [Incident:XXXXX-XXXXX]

Im told i will get a call back on Friday to see how i got on, well i have got nowhere, and i expect on Friday

i will be told that someone will have to get back to me again, but it will be next week !

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 12 of 24

Hi @Andyberkshire,

Deirdre is out of the office at the moment but I've asked that her team look into this tomorrow and get back in touch with you.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 13 of 24

@Andyberkshire wrote:

If the above problem was solved, and my same problem in April, can someone please find a solution to my current problem,

the answer must lie in the records of my account from just a few weeks ago, or in the details of the problem that Nurse1 Had recently.

If this helps, its my incident number.

BT Community Forum [Incident:]

Hi. Please can you edit your post to remove the incident number. This is a personal number.

Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 24

Thanks guys and for editing number. Sorry if I sounded a bit desperate earlier, I'm sure you'll understand how frustrating these problems can be !, and I'm confident problem will get fixed eventually! 

Cheers 

Andy

Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 24

Losing the will to live.

had call from level 2 , 10 days after I was told it had been sent to them, the lady said level 2 had only just

received the request, of course, she couldn't help, so I'm promised another call in the next 48 hours. 

Dreadful.

missed an important social occasion because I didn't get the invitation, thanks BT! 

Still , maybe I'll get another £20 knocked off my bill like I did after losing mail for 3 weeks in April! 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 24

Interesting that there are quite a few others on this forum, that have had the same problem TWICE! 

Hopefully none will get the problem 3 times. Maybe wishful thinking!

Andy

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 24

Two weeks now since i lost email account.

Getting nowhere, another call from India, telling me i will get another call Saturday

apparently its with level 3 .

thought it may have been quicker this time than in April, when it took 3 weeks, looks doubtful.

Really worried now, about missed emails, hate to think what would have happened

if i used it for work emails.

luckily its just my social life, shopping, banking ,finance, utilities, etc etc.......... that are f***** !

expect something will get cut off soon! (could be my wrists)

its soul destroying, desperately frustrating, extremely irritating.

just sharingSmiley Sad

Andy

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 24

All the above has happened to me. Exactly the same problems. Over two weeks without emails for the second time within two months. Promises to be called back and nothing happens. Only time someone has phoned back is when I've had to get angry and demand to talk to team 2 who still haven't fixed the problem. First time I was told it happened because I didn't retrieve my emails via Bt website. This time uts because someone has tried to put password in mire than three times. Both excuses are fabricated by bt to cover the fact that they obviously have major problems they cannot cope with. Regardless of the cause why does it take so long to deal with and rectify so that the customer has full bt service which they are paying large sums of money for. Please tell me there isn't anyone out there that this has happened to more than twice. Sky here I come.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 19 of 24

The whole thing is an utter shambles.

I now believe that the support people including the moderators have been effectively gagged by management due to the consistent failure of various aspects of the mail service as reported in these forums.

They don't give any information to explain what is going on, what the causes are and the clear details. This is a dreadful way to behave.

Some of the support people are giving out completely false information to effectively "get rid of" the person calling. How many are told this rubbish and of course don't post to the forums and have to believe what they've been told?

Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 24

Well, today, its about 16 days later, something is nearly happening !

Actually its just the same as the first time, I get a call from level 2, but im not in , so they leave message

telling me problem should be fixed, and to log in and check, the email address appears on my account,

but when i click on it, it says 'BT mail is loading, I get all excited and then, i get error box in centre of screen

saying ' Account errror selected account BT mail account is unavailable'

Just the same this time , level 2 called my mobile in my pocket and the call goes straight to answer phone , typical!

message says it should work, log in and try, which i did, and get the above error.

They said they will call me today, and see if it worked, i expect i will miss call as im out a lot today,

they will say , oh dear, let me get back to the engineers, and see if they can fix it, so i'll probably

have to wait a few more days!

If its possible a moderator sees this, maybe they can send a message to say , its nearly there , but not working yet,

maybe they can have another try, before they call me.

ElaineR,  you have my sympathy, hopefully it will get done eventually, i hope we're not the first ones to have it happen

3 times!

Andy

0 Ratings