cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 21 of 24

Re: Help! BT appear to have deleted my whole email account

Good news, 17 days and its back, as last time, all my email folders are still there, 600 new emails,

mostly junk and rubbish, took me an hour to delete stuff and tidy up.

To others with similar problems, have faith, it does appear to be fixable , shame it takes so long.

I will now continue to change email addresses to my icloud or gmail accounts, as i cant be sure it wont happen again,

will leave unimportant ones with bt, and try not to lose sleep if it does happen again.

Thanks to those that helped.

Good luck to all,

Andy

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 22 of 24

You should use an email client set up as a  POP3 account which will download all your emails onto your computer. 

Once downloaded YOU then become responsible for them NOT the email provider, in this case BT. YOU can then back up all your emails and store them safely instead of relying on your ISP or email provider to do that.

By doing that you will not go through the trauma that you have just gone through should your ISP/email provider lose/delete your emails.

Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 23 of 24

@Andyberkshire wrote:

Good news, 17 days and its back, as last time, all my email folders are still there, 600 new emails,

mostly junk and rubbish, took me an hour to delete stuff and tidy up.

To others with similar problems, have faith, it does appear to be fixable , shame it takes so long.

I will now continue to change email addresses to my icloud or gmail accounts, as i cant be sure it wont happen again,

will leave unimportant ones with bt, and try not to lose sleep if it does happen again.

Thanks to those that helped.

Good luck to all,

Andy

That's good news.

Unfortunately as I've mentioned so many times before - what the cause/fix or other information regarding this fault have, and probably will never be relayed to the forum.

I wait for open & honest feedback from those that fixed the issue.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 24 of 24

That's great news @Andyberkshire. I'm glad they're all back now.

I've checked your account and I can see the BT Care team were going to call you tomorrow to check up on it with you. Are you happy to close it now since the issue is fixed?

Thank you

DanielS

0 Ratings