cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Steveh_1955
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 16

Help Broadband keeps dropping out

This evening my broadband is dropping out every few minutes, speed has now dropped from 12meg to 9meg, I am on Fairseat exchange in kent, anybody know of any problems here

0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 16

Re: Help Broadband keeps dropping out

Check here https://www.bt.com/consumerFaultTracking/public/faults/tracking.do?pageId=31

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Steveh_1955
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 16

Here we go again, my broadband is dropping out several tiimes a day since friday, i used to have 12meg and has been stable for weeks now i am down again to less than 10meg, the broadband must have dropped out about 20 times since friday, it has dropped 3 times in the last hour.

Nothing has changed in my house but just to make sure I have removed the filtered openreach faceplate and my router is in the test socket

I had a lot of problems a few months ago but they have been resolved, this is infuritating as we use broadband talk and obviously when the connection drops we have no phone

I have to try and find the mods e-mail that dealt with my last problem but if any mods are out there can you look into this for me before i go mad!!

Stats below

ADSL line status

Connection information
Line stateConnected
Connection time0 days, 0:19:57
Downstream9,951 Kbps
Upstream1,167 Kbps

ADSL settings
VPI/VCI0/38
TypePPPoA
ModulationITU-T G.992.5
Latency typeInterleaved
Noise margin (Down/Up)9.1 dB / 6.2 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up)32.0 dB / 18.0 dB
Output power (Down/Up)0.0 dBm / 12.6 dBm
Loss of Framing (Local)0
Loss of Signal (Local)0
Loss of Power (Local)0
FEC Errors (Down/Up)0 / 4294967264
CRC Errors (Down/Up)3698 / N/A
HEC Errors (Down/Up)N/A / 0
Error Seconds (Local)2

Hide Details  

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 16

Did you try the quiet line test?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 16

also you still have a phone line by just plugging a phone in to one of the standard phone sockets
0 Ratings
Steveh_1955
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 16

Yes I tried the quiet test no noise at all on my line

0 Ratings
Steveh_1955
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 16

Update****  Have tried 2 outher Home Hubs one a version 2 and one a version 3 problem still remains!!

0 Ratings
Steveh_1955
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 16

I only have the test socket with a filter in and the modem phone is pugged into the filter!

0 Ratings
Steveh_1955
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 16

yet another update 7 discons in 30 minutes now!

0 Ratings
Reed_Richards
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 16

Try unplugging all electrical devices in your house except the Home Hub and watch the Hub lights to see if it still disconnects.  Or use a laptop/tablet running on battery to monitor your Internet connectivity.  Obviously you won't be able to keep this up very long but long enough to see if you have another 7 disconnections in the next half hour.

0 Ratings