Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thatmattkid
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Help: Internet Constantly Drops Out When 2 Laptops Are Being Used

Go to solution

Hi everyone,

I've had this problem for sometime now and I've been living with it and just treating it as a minor annoyance but now it's really starting to drive me up the wall.

The problem stems from my partner and my macbook's losing connection randomly and contantly. We have other devices such as a PS4, smartphones and Ipad but these do not suffer the same constant loss of internet. I have tried changing the Gz channels and other such things but to now avail. I have noticed this particularly when my partner uses her macbook at the same time that I am using mine, and I suspect that it might be the same when she starts using her Iphone. 

I had even begun to wonder if it's not that and it might come from the we have signed up to be BT fon 'sharers' for the lack of the true phrase, but today I was using both mine and her macbooks at the same time to edit and send photo's between the two computers and it was almost like watching a game of tennis. I would connect mine, seconds later we would both lose connection and after turning the WI-FI on and off on our computers mine would be connected and hers wouldn't, and vise versa when I went to use the internet on hers.

It's really started to drive me crazy and makes things very hard especially if your uploading or downloading something and want to leave it running whilst your out,I can just guarantee I'll come home and it will have dropped out completely. 

To put it in perpective, it's dropped out three times since writing this but I have only used the one computer, so god knows what it is.

Please help for the sake of my sanity! 

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Help: Internet Constantly Drops Out When 2 Laptops Are Being Used

Go to solution

Which BT home hub do you have?

0 Ratings
thatmattkid
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Sorry should have mentioned, it's Hub 4.

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Have you tried separating and renaming the SSIDs.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44798/related/1

0 Ratings
thatmattkid
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Great idea, I'll give it a go now. 

0 Ratings
thatmattkid
Beginner
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Hey Sir

Just like to say thanks as it seems to of worked somewhat. It may be that the problems comes from the 5Hz channel as my mac just doesn't want to connect on to it at all but now that both or computers are on the 24Hz channel they now no longer drop out. I have noticed that the playstation struggles with speeds now, and it cannot find the 5Hz channel I set up, but I guess it's a small price to pay. 

Thanks again

0 Ratings