cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Help! Missed special offer by 2 days - can BT help?

My new BT SIM was delivered to me on Tuesday. My number was porrted from my old network yesterday and today I see there's a special offer offering new customers the 20GB Mobile package for £16 instead of £20. 

Would it be possible to get my new order put onto that offer? I have contacted CS but they said no which is really disappointing and not very helpful.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Message 2 of 7

Re: Help! Missed special offer by 2 days - can BT help?

@jonmbee I'm sorry this will not be possible, you need to place the order within the specified dates defined in the terms and conditions of the offer. We can't make exceptions to this.

Thanks
Neil

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

I understand that the offer has terms and conditions. There's also this other thing called 'good customer service' where sometimes a company bends their rules a bit in order to delight their customers with some unexpected good will. Good customer service tends to generate repeat business, friends and family recommendations, and a generally just a warm, fuzzy, ker-ching kind of feeling all round.

If I were running a multi-million pound business and I was offering special deals to entice new customers, I'd probably create a 'buffer zone' of maybe three or four days either side of the official dates of a special offer so that, for those customers who just missed it but asked for it, I would allow them to take advantage of the offer. 

I wouldn't make a big song and dance about it, of course, but it would there in the background as a means to surprise and delight customers, in the hope that they'd tell their friends about how flexible my company was and what a good deal I'd got.

This goodwill can extend both ways too, like in the case of a customer who orders his BT broadband in October of 2014 and then suffers a Kafkaesque catalogue of errors and poor customer service before finally getting his service installed in April of 2015 but who continues to order subsequent services from BT, despite this atrocious service.

But that's just me. What do I know about running a multi-million pound company, (apart from the work I do helping to a run a multi-million pound company)?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 4 of 7

Amazon are fantastic at customer service. Many times I've had refunds when prices have dropped shortly after buying. Can't see why BT couldn't offer a good will gesture? But BT aren't very good when it comes to customer service.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 7

@Tymo76 wrote:
Amazon are fantastic at customer service. Many times I've had refunds when prices have dropped shortly after buying. Can't see why BT couldn't offer a good will gesture? But BT aren't very good when it comes to customer service.

Maybe firms that don't pay tax feel able to be more generous.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Maybe firms that don't payout vouchers to their customers should be able to offer better service, then this forum wouldn't be so full of complaints.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 7 of 7

This also happened to me, only I placed my order on the 31st. I was thinking of phoning up and asking but am scared of getting the horrible call centre where no one knows what they're doing.

I wouldn't have known about it except I opened my Facebook app and ads for it were plastered all over my timeline.

It's kind of annoying - we are still within the 14 day cancellation with no penalty window that you get when buying anything online. £48 a year is a reasonable amount of money.
0 Ratings