cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alexjones13
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Help! Slow Broadband Download Speed only 2MB used to be 8MB

I'm getting no where with this issue.  My download speed has gone down from 8MB to 2MB.I've been putting up woth this for months now.  I've has numerous had numerous line tests and there are no issues with my line or equipment.  I've been told that it is an issue in the exchange with a Card or something needs resetting.  After speaking to bt today they are saying the IP profile needs changing, they said it had been escalated to the network team and would be sorted in 3-4 hours, but still nothing has been done.

Help, how can i get this sorted, i dont see its fair paying for up to 8mb broadband and knowing my line will support 8MB (as we are very close to the exchange) and only getting 2mb, i cant stream video either!

Has anyone any advice for me?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Help! Slow Broadband Download Speed only 2MB used to be 8MB

Hi Welcome to the forums

Here is a basic guide to getting help from the community members done by CL Keith Please read through the link posted http://forumhelp.dyndns.info/speed/first_steps.html

once you have posted the information asked for then the community members can help you more

Thank You

This is a customer to customer self help forum the only BT presence here are the forum moderators

0 Ratings
alexjones13
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Hi,

Yes i've done the BT SpeedTester and this indicates my IP Profile is 2MB

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

can you please post the full results of the speed test and the full hub stats as shown in the link as we need full information to be able to help you
0 Ratings
alexjones13
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Hi Here are my test results -

Hi Here are my test results -

Speedtest2.jpg

Hub.jpg

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

Re: Hi Here are my test results -

Hi you need to maintain a stable connection for the next 5 days and your IP profile should rise automatically if it does not please post back and we can get it escalated further if needed
0 Ratings