Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
julierabbit
Beginner
Message 1 of 24

Help! What happens if I stop BT Premium Mail

Go to solution

I have had the same primary email address for 20 years, and didn't want to change it, so continued with BT Premium Mail.  But now the price per month has rocketed, I need to stop it.  What happens when someone sends an email after I have discontinued service?  Is there a way to have forwarding for a period of time, rather than the person getting some system generated email saying 'not a valid email' or whatever.... it is going to take a while to find all the places that have this email as my login / contact / whatever to change them.  I can't believe that the BT Premium Email department can't be reached by email!!!

0 Ratings
23 REPLIES 23
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 24

Re: Help! What happens if I stop BT Premium Mail

Go to solution

Once you stop paying, the address may be deleted at any time. You might be lucky and it take some time to be discontinued but you can't rely on that.

0 Ratings
julierabbit
Beginner
Message 3 of 24

Go to solution

What I am concerned about is what happens if an email is sent to that address after it's been cancelled?  can anything like forwarding be set up?  I have forwarding on my own domain name email...

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 24

Go to solution

No, it will cease to exist.

0 Ratings
SteveD3
Contributor
Message 5 of 24

Go to solution
Re: Help! What happens if I stop BT Premium Mail [ New ]
Options
on ‎22-07-2016 13h55

No, it will cease to exist.

LIKE BT CUSTOMER SERVICE 🙂
0 Ratings
julierabbit
Beginner
Message 6 of 24

Go to solution

So there is no trick of anything I can do?  Does anyone have any suggestions?  Argh.  I am paid until 2 August I think... so it will disappear sometime after that?  How about being able to put a forwarding message on it while it is still active?  Can I do that?

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 24

Go to solution

If you are a BT Broadband customer, then you can transfer it to your account, free of charge.

0 Ratings
julierabbit
Beginner
Message 8 of 24

Go to solution

I have no other accounts with BT, and no plans to.  It is just this email that I've had for 25 years or so that I wanted to keep but they have increased the price by 350%, which is ridiculous.

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 24

Go to solution

@julierabbit wrote:

I have no other accounts with BT, and no plans to.  It is just this email that I've had for 25 years or so that I wanted to keep but they have increased the price by 350%, which is ridiculous.

Its to prevent paying BT Broadband users having to subsidise customers of other ISPs.

Most ISP do not offer the option of a paid service when you leave.

All you can do is to copy your address book, or download all your mail to local storage, then read each one offline, to see who they were from.

julierabbit
Beginner
Message 10 of 24

Go to solution

I have absolutely no problem paying... it's just the huge increase that annoys me.  Sorry if you think I am leaching off the system.

So no way of setting up a bounceback / 'out of office' reply anything like that with BT Yahoo mail.  

Also due to the huge amount of ads when I access my email online, I suspect that you are not subsidising it at all.

0 Ratings