cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
feifei1024
Beginner
Message 1 of 12

Help!! Wiring NTE5 socket. Waiting Online!!!!

Hi guys, I have just accidentally kicked my BT openreach NTE5 socket and the wires came off... I have tried to connect the blue line to pin 2 and white/blue one to pin 5, which is recommended by others. Although my laptop could connect to my router, it failed to assess the internet. 

Can any one help me. I am waiting online! The picture shows how the wires came off and pins.

Thanks!1.jpg

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 12

Re: Help!! Wiring NTE5 socket. Waiting Online!!!!

Where were the green wires connected also kicking the NTE  would not cause all those wire to disconnect at the same time 

feifei1024
Beginner
Message 3 of 12

I dont know where the green lines come from....
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 12

if you phone BT they will send out Openreach and it will cost you £130.00 to re connect the wiring
0 Ratings
feifei1024
Beginner
Message 5 of 12

but that is too expensive, isn't it....
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 12

the standard charge i am afraid this is because they will consider it as damage to there equipment
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 12

Lets assume that this is the master socket and not an NTE that's been put on an extension.....

The orange and blue wires (in the background) appear to be routed where the main incoming wires normally connect to on the terminals marked A&B - DO NOT TOUCH THESE AS THEY ARE BT'S

Without connecting anything else to the removable cover and with it in place, then a filter plus the hub plugged in to the front, the Internet should work.

Then, if you went to the extension socket and note what wires are on what terminals, you can go back to the master socket and then connect the same colour wires to the same terminals - ignore any wires on terminal 3.

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
feifei1024
Beginner
Message 8 of 12

yeah. I tried to match the wires to the terminals but i could not get internet....
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 12

are all the lights on your hub blue?
0 Ratings
feifei1024
Beginner
Message 10 of 12

I use a SKY broadband and it connects to this BT Master socket. The @ signal on the router appears light in red, where i think the problem is here.
0 Ratings