cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 24

Help me understand and resolve my problem!

Ok like many on here and similar to a recently solved case on here. Im hoping i met get some resolution to my problem and and learn something in the process because im tiredd of researching and trying different things that have left me feeling thats its something only BT can sort out although i have exhausted speaking to customer services and im now pinning my hopes from the community here .

Ok well ive had infinity for 3 years or so now and im coming upto me renewal date but for 2 years i had the full down and upload speed. I then had some work carried out last summer where electrical work was carried out. Since then my speed has reduced to 63 down and full speed up. meaning ive lost 12/13 meg from my download . but also my pings have increased from where they used to be .

When i got through to another tier of customer service i was told that the reason was that the reduced speed was because of crosstalk.  which now leads me onto g.inp rollout and how this was to help with this. me believing i would now get my full speed back. that obviously hasnt happened .After researching everything im only left to presume that interleaved is and has been active on my line for nearly a year now and i game so i want fastpath back on my line if someone here could help me achieve this.

I started off with BT badly with missed appointments of the installation and had to go through the office to which i still have contact details but would like as a last attempt get this resolved here once and for all.

Ps i dont have a unlocked modem for stats and use a asus rtn66u as my router and have done for a few years.

0 Ratings
23 REPLIES 23
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 24

Re: Help me understand and resolve my problem!

can you enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number  https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

can you run btspeedtester and when first test completes then run diagnostic test and post results please 

btspeedtester

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 24

screen shot bt wholesale.png

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 24

can I ask which modem you are using?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 5 of 24

Thanks for the prompt reply but i can only supply this info atm as im just at someone elses computer. Ill add the speedtest  later when i get home. Can one of you guys show me where my cab is aswell. Ive had a go but not sure which one it is.

Thanks again.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 6 of 24

Its a Huawei HG612

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 7 of 24

bt speedtest.png

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 8 of 24

I made sure that nothing else was connected by going into the router. And was a wired test. Thanks

Also just to note now im home my modem is a huawei g612 2B(version)

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 9 of 24

To be honest - as BT take on more customers - those speeds look ok for me. I'm supposed to be pretty much a full 80/20 on a line with no issues about 30m of copper to by my cabinet and on a lot of nights I would be proud of those figures.

However I do still feel the 'wholesale' figures are misleading as they only test the maximum thruput from the exchange to you at any given point in time.

If there are any bottlenecks or congestion issues either at your exchange to the backhaul then often these figures are often not 'realised' in real life.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 10 of 24

If your line has been interleaved for a year it is extremely unlikely you can get back onto fastpath. The interleaving per se won't be a cause of the speed reduction.

Your speed is within the A range so unless you have a noisy line - ring 17070 option 2 to check nothing will be done

This link explains about cross talk and its effects, you may have already read it   http://www.increasebroadbandspeed.co.uk/2014/vectoring-crosstalk-crisis

0 Ratings