cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 11 of 24

Re: Help me understand and resolve my problem!

First of all thanks for taking the time to contribute and dont get me wrong the speeds are quite adequite but the pings are not which have almost doubled. The thing is wih this and the way i see it, is this. Upto and including when i upgraded to the faster speeds over the first 2 years i had the faster speed and (pings) Only when i had the conversion done to my house and before i knew what i know now about DLM and how it works . And obviously having numerous disconnects. only then did my Speed and (pings) decrease and never go back to those full speeds which were solid and free from disconnects etc.

Ive read loads and loads regarding all this, and even now i dont proclaim to be any kind of expert it just seems that it coincided with those times.

Could it be a matter of it being a stuck profile?

I do think it deserves explanation and sorting as im paying a premium price and have done for 3 years or so for a product that doesnt work how it use to originally. I did in my wisdom at least expect that with the G.inp rollout that it would be the boost it neaded but maybe i misunderstood how that worked. Hence why i put in my heading(help me understand, because i am learning and trying to research things to see if i can manually do things before asking for help) It seems by the post below that leaving it does;nt help when all you hear normally is just "leave it and give it time". 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 12 of 24

Again i appreciate your response and know how.

But as you can imagine i tried the phone test a few times over the last few months and even bought a new handset. Because id had the old one a while and it was given to me a few years ago so thought there might be something wrong with that intefering. Smiley Embarassed

Thanks for the link aswell But i have already read that before but did read it again anyway for probably the 5th time as i dont retain things very well. Unless its about football (very true But off topic)

Like i said previously it coincided with the work i had carried out. And never came back to those full stats. Just bugs your pay full price for something that you had for 2 years then now i pay even more and get a inferior service.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 24

your profile is 96.8% of your connection speed so to oimprove your profile you first need to increase your connection speed

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 14 of 24

Hello jolly again. So how do you suggest i go about sorting that out. Or should i say getting back. Thanks
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 15 of 24

I think I'm gonna take the chance when my renewal is up in a month to change providers . if its just a stucknprofile then I won't be happy considering the calls and effort made to sort it out. Never mind the financial implications. 

I don't pay sky for a full package have it for 2 years then they ask for more money then take 10 channels off me and alter the quality of picture I get. 

I want my low latency back.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 24

Your connection speed is well within your line estimate and your profile is correct for your connection speed. Unless you have a line problem like noise on quiet line you line looks ok

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 17 of 24

don't get me wrong jolly i appreciate the assistance given. But with me having a month left , along with the prices , customer support etc its gotta be worth a shot changing. Since i can't get any further with this. Other than emailing the C.E.O as a last resort.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 24

Changing ISP is ip to you. There appears some good deals for new customers. I would try and read the forums of your short list of ISPs before deciding

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 19 of 24

Thats exactly why i said its worth a shot. Some great deals for new customers elsewhere with much better support. ive been researching it for a few months now. Had bt calling me the last few days asking for me to renew but have held off until i got somewhere with this. So might be the right time to jump ship.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 24

Just remember that your connection to the fibre cabinet will not change, only the virtual path within the fibre will change, as it will be routed to your new ISP.

You are not going to see any improvement in speed, but you may get a cheaper deal to start with.

0 Ratings