cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gingermoo75
Message 1 of 9

Help needed please - bt home hub 3 and the wii

Hi all, im having probs playing call of duty black ops on the wii with the bt home hub 3.

I called bt to resolve the issue and after nearly an hour of getting no where i hung up, then i spoke to the wii tec help guys and they said i need to change the tcp session time out to a min of 5 mins then i will be able to play the game at a constant rate, as at the mo im constantly getting booted out, timed out and lost connection messages and when i eventually get online to play, the most game play i have is 5 mins then i get booted again.

Surely its not the wii at fault as its 3 weeks old.

Please is there anyone around could help??? 

Thanks in advance ;o)

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
dodger
Contributor
Message 2 of 9

Re: Help needed please - bt home hub 3 and the wii

are you connected to the hub via an ethernet (wired) or wireless?

I have my Wii connected via the wireless connection which is rock solid without any disconnects

0 Ratings
JustThinking
Beginner
Message 3 of 9

You might want to look at this thread - 

http://community.bt.com/t5/Other-BB-Queries/Wii-keeps-droping-connection-wireless-connection-from-HH...

Wii & Home Hub 3 appears to have probles.

0 Ratings
JustThinking
Beginner
Message 4 of 9

0 Ratings
Highlighted
tranceforma
Message 5 of 9

OK I think I may have a solution!  (after 3 weeks of mucking around).

You will need to port forward your homehub to your Wii and add a static IP address (Settings > Port Forwarding > Supported Applications > 'Add new game or application' > 'Copy existing = No' then type the following:

Setup UDP 1-65535

TDP 1-65535

Next you will need to add a DMZ to your Wii - this means it will bypass most firewall traffic from your homehub.  This is under advanced settings > Port Forwarding > DMZ (select the Wii's IP from the drop down menu).

Delete your Wii's Internet connection from the console and reboot.  Then re connect to your router adding the WAP/WPA key again.

This has worked for me and I was in total despair up to this date.  iPlayer is now streaming almost instantly and my connected speed is about 50mb when previously it was stating 11mb.

Hope this helps you all, and BT need to sort out their useless customer service on this issue!

0 Ratings
mr_head
Message 6 of 9

Ok after 45 mins on the phone arguing with BT i finaly got them to admit there is issues with the wii and the homehub 3 unfortunately there is no fix (from bt anyway) at this time, the only option for a good connection is to go back to the homehub 2.0, which in my case is what kept breaking anyway, so Bt are now downgrading my router, to a better one hahaha, sorry for the bad news but good luck and if anyone sorts this let me know.....

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 9

mr_ head what exactly is your problem withthe wii and home hub 3 if you post here you are likely to get the answers you need
0 Ratings
Skellig
Message 8 of 9

Have been tinkering with this same problem for 6 months. Your fix worked a treat - thanks for the time saver. 

0 Ratings
Ukchap
Message 9 of 9

Looks like it works , thanks .
0 Ratings