Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Touchwood1970
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 15

Help needed with abusive stalker!

Hi,

Not sure if this is the right place to post this but I hope someone can help out or point me in the right direction. My sister and her husband lost their son last year. He was 19 and died suddenly of sudden adult death syndrome. My brother-in-law keeps an Internet blog and has received scores of messages posted to the blog from some idiot through btcentralplus.com. He has been posting extremely vicious and hurtful messages about their son who died. Quite how anyone can write some of the stuff he has posted beggars belief! His ISP is BT so my question is, is there a section of BT that deals with this kind of thing? An email address or telephone number that I (or they) can ring to try and put an end to this?

Thanks in advance

David

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
NilSatisOptimum
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 15

Re: Help needed with abusive stalker!

Hi David,

I would contact the Mods here, they are Bt empoyees.  Its very sad that a person would sink to such depths, my thoughts are with you and your family.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4951  

Mortgage Advisor 2000-2008
Green Energy Advisor 2008-2010
Charity Health Care Provider Advisor 2010-
I'm alright Jack....
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 3 of 15

Hi Touchwood1970,

I'm very sorry to hear this has happened. If you could send in the details about this via the link NilSatisOptimum's posted we'll see what we can do help.

Stephanie
Community ModeratorStephanie
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
Touchwood1970
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 15

Thank you both very much! I will submit the details I have via the link given.

Thanks very much again.

David

0 Ratings
Touchwood1970
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 15

Well, I contacted customer support as suggested above and I was contacted by one of the mods on the board who suggested that I instead contact the abuse team directly at abuse@btbroadband.com which I did. I'm not sure there is anyone at that address as I've received no reply whatsoever to either of the two emails I sent them! Not even an acknowledgement!

So that seems to be it then, BT seem unwilling to help.

Thanks again to the previous posters who tried to help and to Patrick the mod who pointed me to the abuse team.

David
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 15

Hi David,

Can I ask if these morons are still causing you all grief.

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
samjef11
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 15

Would it not be better to report it to the police do know that there are police online that mointer chat rooms, forums, and websites so maybe they could help.

0 Ratings
geaves
Expert
Message 8 of 15

Hello David,

Sorry to hear about your sisters problem, however if you actually google search btcentralplus there is some information and it appears BT may not be able to assist.

I don't know enough about public blogs such as blogroll etc. but I do know that hosting ones own using something like wordpress you can block/refuse postings to the blog and they can be blocked before you even see them.

If the blog is public, contacting the support people might be a start, or perhaps moving the blog to somewhere that gives the user greater control over postings, if the blog was moved copying the content would be straightforward and they could request that the blog be removed permanently,

0 Ratings
Touchwood1970
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 15

There haven't been any abusive messages for about 2 weeks now so either he's given up or is on holiday somewhere. We'll give it another couple of weeks before considering him gone I think.

The blog is hosted on Wordpress but they have proved to be ineffective in dealing with this issue. They can't block every message that emanates from btcentralplus as it is an ISP and would block every user of that ISP. The culprit signs into WordPress with a different (new) username each time he posts so there's no way to block him.

If the abuse continues then I'll probably contact the police. I had been holding off on that option hoping that BT might be able to do something. I would imagine though that all the police will do will be to contact the BT abuse team! Let's hope they get a better (or any) response than I did.

Best regards everyone

David

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 10 of 15

@Touchwood1970 wrote:

There haven't been any abusive messages for about 2 weeks now so either he's given up or is on holiday somewhere. We'll give it another couple of weeks before considering him gone I think.

The blog is hosted on Wordpress but they have proved to be ineffective in dealing with this issue. They can't block every message that emanates from btcentralplus as it is an ISP and would block every user of that ISP. The culprit signs into WordPress with a different (new) username each time he posts so there's no way to block him.

If the abuse continues then I'll probably contact the police. I had been holding off on that option hoping that BT might be able to do something. I would imagine though that all the police will do will be to contact the BT abuse team! Let's hope they get a better (or any) response than I did.

Best regards everyone

David

Hi David,

There is always the possibility that the abuse team did actually get it stopped..

Whoever or whatever, I hope it is stopped for you all.

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings