Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rpdjc
Contributor
Message 1 of 10

Help on Infinity availability date?

Hi all,

I am just wondering If anyone can help me when Infinity will be available in my area?

Stansted Exchange, Cabinet 6

It says between Oct 13- Mar 14, I think I've seen the new box installed down the street months ago and just curious as to what's taking so long?

Thanks

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
rpdjc
Contributor
Message 2 of 10

Re: Help on Infinity availability date?

Bump
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 10

it can take months after new cabinet is installed.  my cabinet was installed last April and still not live but getting close now

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
pippincp
Sage
Message 4 of 10

If you want to see the extra work involved just click the link in my sig and scroll down. It's not all that simple.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 10

You can try emailing Openreach at nga.enquiries@openreach.co.uk and give them details of exchange and cabinet etc and they may be able to give you an update.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 10

I think the long time is the scheduling of work.  if only the installation and the addition of power was done at the same time rather than 2 separate occasions. the digging of more access holes including digging up the newly filled in holes for the cabinet installation could be avoided if power added at cabinet installation

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
pippincp
Sage
Message 7 of 10

@imjolly wrote:

I think the long time is the scheduling of work.  if only the installation and the addition of power was done at the same time rather than 2 separate occasions. the digging of more access holes including digging up the newly filled in holes for the cabinet installation could be avoided if power added at cabinet installation

But then the power co. has to be available and willing to do it at the same time as the cab install contractor.

Not an easy thing to arrange.

There are also cabs that have been left due to the power co's.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 10

@pippincp wrote:

@imjolly wrote:

But then the power co. has to be available and willing to do it at the same time as the cab install contractor.

Not an easy thing to arrange.

There are also cabs that have been left due to the power co's.

That is the point I am making the scheduling of work could be better - better digging 1 hole rather than digging 2 especially when they are digging up the first hole

0 Ratings
Ghost337
Beginner
Message 9 of 10

I'm on the same stansted cabinet and keep chasing bt but they just read off the info that is on their website. It should be available by mar2014. Although 2 years ago it stated it would be available by Jan2012!!!!
Just out of interest where is the cabinet located??? I was told if more people register an interest from our area then it may be done sooner rather than later!
0 Ratings
pippincp
Sage
Message 10 of 10

The only people who can give you details are Openreach. You can email and ask. nga.enquries@openreach.co.uk

0 Ratings