cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Help on email please !!! name spelt wrong and set up email groups...

1. I set up my wifes email as a sub account. When I did this instead of putting Louise I put lousie so when she sends email it says lousie not louise. How do I change this please ?

2. I also have been trying to set up email groups. I have set up as a category, but how do I actually make this a group that when I type the name into an email it comes up and allows me to send it to the group rather than typing in individually ?

Many thanks
SC 

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Message 2 of 6

Re: Help on email please !!! name spelt wrong and set up email groups...

Welcome to the forum.

1.  Set up a google mail a/c, and export your wifes e mails that she wants to keep to it.  Then delete the bt a/c, and create a new sub a/c with her details spelt correctly.  Then export her e mail from the gmail a/c to her bt sub a/c.

2.  Not sure if you are using an e mail client such as thunderbird or outlook express.  In the former in adress book create 'new' mailing list.  In OE from adress book create new 'group'.  You need to name your group collectively as for e.g. "family" etc, and type family in the adress bar on the e mail.  The contacts you have included in that group will then be included in the e mail.

Hope that helps.

AQ.
"Welcome to Royston Vasey - You'll never leave."

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

thanks very much, will i lose wifes email address though ?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 6

You loose the mis spelt one. If she needs to keep that specific one, you can 'link' another e mail a/c to it. You can always email all in her contacts list with the new address.
AQ.
"Welcome to Royston Vasey - You'll never leave."

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 6

@stewcook wrote:

1. I set up my wifes email as a sub account. When I did this instead of putting Louise I put lousie so when she sends email it says lousie not louise. How do I change this please ?

Which part of the address is incorrect - which part do you wish to change ?

An address typically appears as   "John Smith <john.smith@example.com>"

The John Smith bit doesn't form part of the address for delivery purposes, and can be set to be pretty much anything you wish. If it's this bit that's wrong, it just needs changing in the settings of whatever your using to send email.

You won't lose the email address.

If it's the other bit that's wrong (john.smith@example.com) in the example above) that's a quite different scenario. To change that, you'll need to create another sub-account using the correct address. Whether or not you lose the original address is entirely up to you - you'll only lose it if you decide to delete it.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 6

I agree with IanC. But Allan's google mail advice sounds like a world of pain!

If it's just the display name that's incorrect then that's trivial to change.

If it's the email address then just set up a new sub account. But if you've used the misspelt one then don't hurry to delete it. You can check both accounts and have the Reply-To address for the misspelt one redirect to the correct address.

0 Ratings