Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
oogzy
Message 1 of 2

Help please - one network connection dropping out

Hi

Can anyone help here?

I have the black Infinity hub and all has been going ok until maybe 3 weeks ago. I have many connections within the home network, both wired and wireless. Recently my daughters laptop has been dropping wireless connection every 10 to 30 mins and coming back within 2-3 mins. It is very frustrating.

Earlier I set my smart phone to act as a wifi hotspot and shifted her connection to that during a particularly bad period and the signal drop cured immediately, which leads me to think this is a hub problem.

Is there anything that can be done to 'flush' the problem for this one connection? No other signal drops off from any other device and it does not matter what distance her laptop is from the hub.

Thanks in advance

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 2

Re: Help please - one network connection dropping out

have you tried changing the wireless from default b/g/n to just b/g

you can try downloading inssider2 (istumbler if MAC) and then run it. This will show the broadcasting networks round about you and their channels including your own. If you then enter your router and change your wireless channel to a free or less congested channel.

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings