Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lyn6
Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Help please

Go to solution

I could just sit and cry with BT right now - it should have been so simple. 

For the last 5 years (at least) my landline and broadband have been with BT. My landline was my account and my broadband was registered at my address but the bill was sent to and paid for by my employer however this agreement has now come to an end. 
I had a look around for the best deal and decided to stay with BT as it would be easier all round - what a joke that has turned out to be.
In August I attempted to order my broadband online taking in the Sainsbury voucher deal. It said there was a problem so I got help on chat who told me to say that I did not have a working number here - it was a fault in the system apparently. I was assured throughout that I would keep my phone number and everything would be fine. 
WRONG!!!!!
I have lost my number and my call package. I have a new number which has a different call package - no off peak evening unless I pay extra. Both numbers appear to be live from the billing point of view and my credit balance appears to be shrinking so it is costing me money for a line / phone I have no access to.
I spoke again on chat 2 weeks ago and was assured old number would be put back in use and the accouting side could all fall into place. 
Luckily I have all the transcripts from these conversations. UNluckily I cannot get in touch when any kind of human to resolve. 
Where do I got from here. I cannot tell you how angry and frustrated I am getting

Oh................. and I never did get my Sainsbury voucher 😞

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Help please

Go to solution

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.

They are the only BT employees on this forum.

Once you get a reply, if you click on their name, you will see a screen like this. Click on the link as shown below.
Please do not send them a personal message, as they may not be on duty for a long time, and your message will not be tracked properly.

For your own security, do not post any personal details, on this forum. That includes any tracking number you are give.

They will respond either by phone or e-mail within 5-6 working days.
Please use the tracked e-mail, to reply, not via the forum. Thanks

modpicture.jpg

CraigS
Moderator-Retired
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Hi lyn6

Apologies for all the hassle here.  I'll will make sure that get this sorted out for you.

Could you drop me in an email please? Use the 'contact us' form in my forum profile under the 'about me' section. You can find it by clicking on my username.

Thx

Craig

BTCare Community Mod

If we have asked you to email us with your details, please make sure you are logged in to the forum, otherwise you will not be able to see our ‘Contact Us’ link within our profiles.

We are sorry but we are unable to deal with service/account queries via the private message(PM) function so please don't PM your account info, we need to deal with this via our email account :-)”
td-p/30">Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
lyn6
Contributor
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Update: Had a call today to tell me that my line would revert to my old number tomorrow. I've checked online and the final bill for this number has now been issued with a credit although that hasn't appeared in my bank yet - fingers crossed.

Definiely making progress - thanks guys.

Just need to get my broadband on the same account as my phone, the second account closed with no charges incurred and my M&S voucher would be nice 🙂

Baby steps but hopefully getting there

0 Ratings
lyn6
Contributor
Message 5 of 7

Thank you

Go to solution

Just a quick note to say a huge thanks to Orla from BT who all the issues I posted about a few weeks ago.

http://community.bt.com/t5/Bills-Packages/Help-please/td-p/1037252

My account is now completeyl back to normal and my Sainsbury voucher received.

She has kept her word to call when she said she would and been thorough and professional throughout

Thanks again 

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

Re: Thank you

Go to solution

Lyn,

I added your post to your original thread, so that people could see the outcome.

RobbieMac
Message 7 of 7

Re: Thank you

Go to solution

Great feedback lyn6!

I'll be sure to let Orla know Smiley Very Happy

All the best,

Robbie

0 Ratings