cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 3

Help please!!!

I'm a returning customer to BT after being away for many years. I've come back because I've been having numerous problems with my broadband as only BT have their equipment in my local exchange - hence giving in and coming back to BT. It went live about 3 weeks ago and I've had a nightmare with it ever since. Last week I contacted the help line and after an hour was none the wiser as to what the problem was!!

My speed drops down to next to nothing almost every few minutes via wifi. However the speed claims to be around 6 when I do a speed checker test. I can only assume it's a router problem although the guy I spoke to last week mentioned something about a fault on the line.

I've given up trying to contact the help line as I simply don't have a few spare hours to explain myself over and over to people who unfortunately through no fault of their own just don't understand what I'm saying!

Can anyone help I'm getting very fed up now 😞

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Message 2 of 3

Re: Help please!!!

I've been waiting on chat to advisor for 10 minutes now too 😞
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 3

Re: Help please!!!

Hi sallyr75,

Welcome and thanks for posting. You've mentioned your connection is dropping the wireless. Take a look at Help with wi-fi problems and try changing the wireless channel to check if that improves the connection. How do I change the wireless channel on my BT Home Hub? will show you how.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings