cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 4

Help re Price Rise / Recontract

Hi all

bit long winded but please bear with me and advise me where you can.

My parents currently have the following services with BT

• Landline (line rental paid upfront in the 12 months)
  • BT Infinity 2
  • BT Mobile 500mb

As a result of the price rise (and since I have moved out) they no longer see this as value for money, especially the infinity, so I have been looking at other providers, etc, however I have a few questions...

I understand that they will loose the outstanding 'paid for' line rental with any cancellation requests due to the price rises, however can they also use the price increase to cancel the BT mobile? as this will go from £5 to £10 with the cancellation of infinity?

Otherwise, that only option I can think of would be for them to downgrade to standard BT broadband (currently £5 pm), however where would BT stand on calling up to cancel infinity on the price rise and then re-signing up on standard broadband?

Many thanks.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Help re Price Rise / Recontract

Its easy enough downgrade from Infinity to normal ADSL, that would be their best option, then they would not have to pay the £5 extra for BT Mobile.

They can change their broadband package online.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 4

You can't downgrade online, technically it's still in contract till May '16 (18 month contract), the price increase on infinity is the reason for downgrading (and the e-mail from BT allows this).
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

Try the options team (UK based) on 0800 800030, and see what they come up with.

0 Ratings