Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 12

Help required with Auto Forwarding emails on BY Yahoo

Go to solution

Ho there, Can anyone please advise how I set up autoforward on my btopenworld email address (I am on the BT Yahoo platform)?

When I go to Settings, Accounts I get this  screen which blocks me out of forwarding. Any help on how I get round this will be gratefully received!! Screen Shot 2015-09-11 at 18.10.40.png

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 12

Re: Help required with Auto Forwarding emails on BY Yahoo

Go to solution

Select basic view in viewing email.

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 12

Go to solution

You are a star Sir!! It works. Not even BT Helpline could tell me how to do this! Thanks so much!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 12

Go to solution

Nice one @licquorice

Click the star for the star!! Smiley Tongue

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 12

Go to solution

Sorry to be thick, but how does that help? Once I select Basic I don't get the Forwarding option at all.

After several frustrating days a month ago I managed to set up forwarding to my new email addres but for some reason it stopped working on Monday and now I can't remember what I finally did to set it up.

Why would it have stopped working anyway?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 12

Go to solution

The switch to basic mail worked for a time, but currently forwarding is no longer available as it has been 'Temporarily withdrawn' by Yahoo.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 12

Go to solution

@HampshireLady wrote:

Sorry to be thick, but how does that help? Once I select Basic I don't get the Forwarding option at all.

After several frustrating days a month ago I managed to set up forwarding to my new email addres but for some reason it stopped working on Monday and now I can't remember what I finally did to set it up.

Hi.

Which Monday did you get it working ?

As I've mentioned, Yahoo! have temporarily suspended this feature while "engineering" works on it. They have not told me why, and when it's likely to return. The information was given to me on 16 September (Wednesday).

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 12

Go to solution

I rather suspect it won't return. I'm sure Yahoo are starting to play hardball with BT over the migration fiasco and have started removing features such as forwarding and adding sub-accounts.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 9 of 12

Go to solution

@licquorice wrote:

I rather suspect it won't return. I'm sure Yahoo are starting to play hardball with BT over the migration fiasco and have started removing features such as forwarding and adding sub-accounts.

Actually, it appears to be Yahoo! wide rather than BT based - Sky folk are also seeing the same as they use Yahoo!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 10 of 12

Go to solution

@HampshireLady wrote:

I've just looked again, and weirdly it looks like the option to Forward is now available from the Full featured mode, not Basic. I've not continued to set forwarding on one of my test accounts, but maybe it now has returned.

0 Ratings