cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 8

Help, will BT ever resolve my line issues???

After 5 weeks with 2 hours a day on the phone I'm at my wits end dealing with BT and trying to get them to solve the issues of activating my line and transferring the old number. Quite frankly I'm disgusted at the service and as a result my business is suffering massively as I can no longer recieve enquiries.

They don't seem to care or have a clue how to resolve the issues other than the usual excuse ( our dedicated team is dealing with it and call you tomorrow) funnily enough they don't resolve it or call back, since this started on the 7th July. I'm sure they will call me eventually when I don't pay my bill.

Well this is my last resort before contacting the ombudsman tomorrow as well as local media as if it's left any longer i will not have a business left.

Regards

Nick
0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Help, will BT ever resolve my line issues???

Welcome to the BT Residential Customers forum

As you are a business user, please could you post on the BT Business forum at http://business.forums.bt.com/

Thanks

BT do not permit you to use a residential account to run a business, as its against their T&Cs.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 8

It is a domestic line that I have and people call me at home on it after 5pm.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

This is a customer to customer forum only,

This is where customers help each other get the most out of BT products & services.

Anything you post here does not go to BT. Although the forum is moderated by BT, not all posts are read.

Everyone else here, are just BT customers, so cannot help with your problem.

The ombudsman will not deal with individual complaints.

If you moved from another service provider, then they may not have released your old number to BT.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 8

The problem with a domestic line is that you are the bottom of the pile when it comes to priorities.  The service is provided "for your own personal use and enjoyment".  BT aren't interested in how much bisiness you are losing.

If you paid extra for a business line, then you would be a higher priority.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 8

Your not wrong, they don't seem to care full stop, and from the service I've received I find it hard to believe they prioritise anyone unless they owe them money.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 8

I get what your saying but other people seem to have managed to get issues resolved on here by BT and after 5 weeks and hours everyday I'm at a loss so thought I would try this. The ombudsman may or may not be able to help but what else am I suppose to do to get these issues sorted??
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 8

You have been offered help by one of the forum mods the only BT Employees here well worth taking up their offer of help https://community.bt.com/t5/Phones/House-Move-Nightmare/td-p/1519227
0 Ratings