cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pinkyroz
Message 1 of 10

Help with banded profile

Hi Guys,

So I have tried all the tests and step-by-step guides, and I cant get my internet speed back to normal. In the past week it has gradually slowed and now it is nearly at a stand still since saturday. Below is my router stats. My router is connected to the test socket and I have my laptop connected to the router via an ethernet cable. Looks like my noise margin is too high, so do I need to contact the BT mods to have this manually reset? Appreciate all the help guys, I need the internet connection to work from home and I am lost without it so I would prefer to get it sorted asap rather than wait for 3 days on connectivity before reaching out to the Mods!

ADSL Line Status

Connection information
Line state:Connected
Connection time:0 day, 01:18:35
Downstream:2,112 Kbps
Upstream:448 Kbps

ADSL settings
VPI/VCI:0/38
Type:PPPoA
Modulation:G.992.1 Annex A
Latency type:Interleaved
Noise margin (Down/Up):15.5 dB / 20.0 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up):57.0 dB / 31.5 dB
Output power (Down/Up):18.3 dBm / 12.1 dBm
FEC Events (Down/Up):32 / 0
CRC Events (Down/Up):0 / 0
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote):0 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote):0 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote):0 / 0
Loss of Link (Remote):0
HEC Errors (Down/Up):0 / 0
Error Seconds (Local/Remote):0 / 0
Tags (1)
0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
pinkyroz
Message 2 of 10

Re: Help with banded profile

Also, when everything is disconnected and I do the low noise test by ringing 17070, there is just silence. But once i do the same test when the homehub3 is turned on and connected, it is a constant cracklin noise. The online BT test said theere is nothing wrong with the line tho 😕

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 10

you are on adslmax and your profile is not banded as that only applies to adsl2.  can you run btspeedtester and when first test completes run nthe diagnostic test and post results  no need to restart hub but should be done with cable conenction

you noise margin is high but you need 3+ days connection time to show connection stable before contacting the mods

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
pinkyroz
Message 4 of 10

http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/

using the above website my results were

Download speed 0.05mbps

Upload speed:    0.34

Ping Latency: 51

Download speedachieved during the test was - 0.05 Mbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 0.05 Mbps-0.25 Mbps.
 Additional Information:
 Your DSL Connection Rate :2.11 Mbps(DOWN-STREAM), 0.45 Mbps(UP-STREAM)
 IP Profile for your line is - 0.14 Mbps

Ill run the bt diagnostic speed test now and post results. Took a lot of attempts to get it to work last time. The acceptable range above is really low as I was used to approx 6mbps so I dont understand how it can be so low now 😕

0 Ratings
pinkyroz
Message 5 of 10

Ok so i ran the bt diagnotic speed check, after a few attempts it finally worked. So the speed going into the house is 2.11Mb, but the download speed from the router to laptop is only 0.11mb and the upload is 0.36mb. It stats on the page that the speed is lower than it eexpects it to be, and i have already tried all the suggestions it offers, to no avail

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 10

have you had problems with router dropping connection or have you been resetting router to try and inprove connection speed or both?

at one point your connection speed must have been very low resulting in the very low profile of 0.14 which is rock bottom.

you now need to remain connected 24/7 for 3/5 days and your profile will improve based on your current connection speed.  once you get the improvement if the noise margin does not start to decrease then post back with your new stats and a new btspeedtester

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
pinkyroz
Message 7 of 10

Thank you. Yeah connection speed is extremely slow and over the weekend I rest the homehub several times in the hope it would fix itself. Probably made things worse. I will leave it be and hopefully the connection doesnt drop. I will post results then. Thanks for getting back to me so soon 🙂

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 10

there is always someone around to help should conenction start dropping out and making matters worse

0 Ratings
pinkyroz
Message 9 of 10

So, the speed came back yesterday afternoon after just less than 3 days of constant connectivity. Everything was working fine, the IP profile had gone up to 1.5, and now this morning it has dropped back down to 0.14 again. I noticed this morning the connection has dropped but from reading other posts, i thought this was normal while the transfer exchange got used to the line again 😕

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 10

repost your router stats and run btspeedtester diagnostic test and post results please

0 Ratings