cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 9

Hey just got infinity installed help

Ok had it put in about an hour ago was hittin 40 meg easy now 1 hour later am down to 24 meg is it just the time of night or what

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 9

Re: Hey just got infinity installed help

Hi

It has a week or two training period.... best not turn the HomeHub off in case it gives the exchange a false "fault" indication which reduces your IP Internet Profile.

I would try the http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/ and ensure you are using a wired connection to get a reference speed reading.

After the test results are displayed you can then click the "Further Diagnostics" and entering your phone number.

As you're such a new installation you might have to wait a few hours/next day until the number is on the BT database.

Anyhow when the "Further Diagnostics" completes it's test you will get your download and upload IP settings.

These IP settings are the max speed the Dynamic Line Monitoring equipment at the exchange has put you on to provide a reliable speed.

During the training period they could change, so it's worth noting them so you can see what is going on and you can add the info to any further postings.

Example of my  IP for 76Mbps Infinity service is below.

Hope this helps you gather info.

Additional Information:
 IP Profile for your line is - 46.83 Mbps

--------------------------------------------//--------------------------------------------
Please Click On any Text in Blue as that automatically links to information.

PC (NDEGR)

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 9

Your speeds will fluctuate for the first few days or even up to 10 days while it is within the line training period. There is nothing you can do about it. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 9

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 9

Are you running the tests with a wire plugged into the hub?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 9

nope and i just done another test which is giving me 9meg download and 1.5 upload

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 9

Try it with a wire. It may just be wifi interference. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 9

If you connect to the HH router ie "wired" and you find your speed improves to near your IP profile setting, then when using "wireless" it slows down again this points to a wireless problem. Such as interference from a neighbours router channel setting or other electrical equipment in your house "microwave"... or maybe trying to go through thick walls etc.

To help troubleshoot wireless problems I'd move a laptop next to the HHub and hopefully get a speed increase.

Then move it around and see what happens.

A great "free" wireless scanner for Windows called Innsider will help give signal strength and identify any nearby neighbours wifi channels.

http://www.metageek.net/products/inssider/

You can change your HomeHub channel to a clear channel to avoid conflicting with your nearby neghbour's.

http://www.pcpro.co.uk/features/367678/the-wi-fi-killers

--------------------------------------------//--------------------------------------------
Please Click On any Text in Blue as that automatically links to information.

PC (NDEGR)

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 9

0 Ratings